O3 | monday, bloody monday

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "How could you be able to not pass Defense Against the Dark Arts OWLs? Our teacher last year had been Remus freaking Lupin!"

     Samira couldn't but glare at Ian in disbelief, after he just announced that he wouldn't join her and Nora going to Moody's first lesson.

     "I decided to not harm any evil —" He twitched his fingers for imaginary quotation marks — "magical creatures, and the examiners decided to judge this as a lack of talent instead of valuing my peaceful nature." Ian dramatically rolled his eyes, and Nora — out of different reasons — mimicked his gesture.

     "We have bloody Mad-Eye Moody and you're going to miss it, you prat!", she said with Samira frantically nodding.

     "If that means I'm missing the torture and humiliation of more animals and humans, I am glad to miss it, thank you very much!"

     "Goodness ...", Nora sighed, then linking in Samira's arm. "Let's go, I guess the best seats have already been taken."

     And they were. As Samira and Nora entered the classroom, Moody wasn't there, but all the sixth years in this course have already taken a seat, and the only ones left were next to Cedric in the front row, and in the back of the classroom, the one next to George Weasley.

     Samira's heart flattered. Leaning a bit closer to Nora, she whispered, "Do me a favour and take the one next to Ced, I really don't want to be scolded for another hour for avoiding Roger."

     Since they had returned to Hogwarts two days ago, Samira was trying her hardest to keep out of Roger's way, and up to now, it worked quite well. But Cedric had grown a bit too font of Roger, obviously fearing the end of Samira's and Roger's relationship more than the couple even did. And to be honest, Samira did no longer fear it at all, but would indeed welcome it.

     It wasn't that she didn't like Roger. Indeed he was a nice guy, polite, and he also made her laugh a lot, but Samira definitely didn't love him. To the beginning of their relationship at the start of their fifth year, Samira had fallen for the fact that dating a Quidditch star had raised her popularity to a whole new level, but he wasn't what she wanted. Samira wanted George Weasley, and as Nora shrugged and took the seat next to Cedric, the millions of butterflies escalated in her tummy, while she strode towards the empty chair next to the charming ginger.

     In retrospect, it wasn't a very good idea.

     "Oi, Diggory", George greeted her. "You must be especially brave to sit next to me. Or extremely stupid."

     "Excuse me?", Samira said, blinking at him, as he was smirking at her with this adorable cheshire cat grin.

     "Oh, nevermind. Wanna have a snack before the lesson starts? I heard Moody's classes could get a bit rough." He stretched out his hand, offering her a bunch of bright coloured sweets. "You might want to try out the blue ones, their really good."

     Samira eyed him suspiciously. If she'd learned one life saving thing in the last five years in this school, it was to be extremely careful around the Weasley twins. On the other hand, how stupid would it be to disappoint George? So she took one of the blue sweets, shoving it into her mouth.

     Two hours later, her nose had finally stopped bleeding, and Madame Pomfrey reluctantly let Samira walk out of the hospital wing.

     You could think, almost bleeding to death caused by the boy you fancy, would give Samira the needed kick in the ass to keep her fingers from George, but she hadn't been sorted to Ravenclaw for a reason.

     "Diggory!"

     By the sound of his voice, Samira's heart somersaulted. George's face was quite pale, as he came walking down the corridor. "Are you alright?"

     "Of course I am", she chuckled nervously. "It was just a bit of blood." Her white blouse was drenched in it, and she was painfully aware, that she looked absolutely ridiculous.

     "We thought we had finally found a way to stop the bleeding, but seems like Fred and I have to further work on it", he explained with a sheepish grin, scratching the back of his head. "Well then ... Just wanted to make sure, you're okay. You — you for sure want to change your clothes before Snape's class starts, do you?"

     "Don't know what you mean?", Samira mocked, cocking an eyebrow at him.

     "You're — uhm — there's blood all over your ..." His eyes flickered down to her blouse, and hell, was that a blush on his freckled cheeks?!

     "George, I was kidding", Samira laughed. "I know I look like I've been slaughtered. So ... do we see each other in Snape's class? I mean — just so I can make sure to sit the furthest away from you I could."

     "No, didn't pass my OWLs in potions", George replied. "You're as safe in Snape's classroom, as someone could be due to the fact that it's still Snape's classroom."

     "I guess anywhere is a safe place, when you're not there", Samira snorted, trying to hide her disappointment about having classes without George. "But also a lot less funnier, huh? See you soon then, George."

     "At least I hope so", he sniggered. "And thank you for supporting Weasley's Wizard Wheezes with your unwilling sacrifice to test our products." He bowed to her, then as he got up again, made a movement as if he'd place an imaginary hat upon his head, before he turned around and walked back down the corridor.

     Samira couldn't but watch him, until he vanished around the corner, and her heart was doing jumping jacks in her chest. George Weasley hoped to see her soon! Not even Snape's greasy hair could kill her mood ten minutes later, scolding her for being five minutes late and taking ten points from Hufflepuff.

     "I should take another ten from you", Cedric next to her whispered, when she took the empty seat next to him. "Have you lost your mind? How could you eat something out of George Weasley's hand?"

     "Do whatever you want", Samira snorted. "Because soon George Weasley will eat out of my hand."

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3