12 | sweet distraction

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "Dad wrote me this morning, asking how you're doing", Cedric said, sitting down next to Samira in the library, who was busy searching book after book for creatures that scream like banshees. But under water.

     She didn't have gotten the chance to go to the prefects' bathroom since she had received Moody's hint. Every time she showed up there, she found the door locked. Whoever smutty bastard was blocking the bathroom all the time, Samira started to hate him or her with a burning passion.

     "I'm doing great!", Samira scoffed, furrowing her eyebrows. "Send him my regards, and occasionally tell him that I am able to read as well as you are, so he can write directly at me."

     "Maybe he thinks you can't write back", Cedric muttered, the corners of his mouth twitching, but as his sister shot him a sharp glare, he cleared his throat, saying, "What are you doing here?"

     "I'm looking for a creature that can scream under water", Samira absentmindedly replied, while skipping another page.

     "What?"

     "Nevermind, it's about the egg. It screams like a banshee, remember? But M— someone gave me a tip that I should go under the surface. So now I'm looking for something that is screaming bloody murder under the surface ... under water."

     "Who would give you a hint like that?", Cedric asked, cocking an eyebrow.

     "Don't ask me questions and I won't need to lie to you."

     "Okay, then ... Why the heck did you show up with Warrington at the Yule Ball?" Cedric leaned back into his chair and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "And what about those rumours about you and him?"

     The rumours Cedric was talking about, had started to spread in the very same night Warrington had harassed Samira, and they were as ridiculous and pathetic as Warrington himself, so Samira was sure he had been the one starting to spread them.

     "I haven't slept with Cassius Warrington", Samira groaned. "I have told him to sod off, he got all touchy, and I —"

     "What do you mean, touchy? He didn't ... Did he?"

     "Ced, calm down", Samira said, patting his arm, as she smiled at him. "I'm fine, it was a bad idea, and I haven't slept with him. That's all you need to know so far, I really have to solve this egg riddle. Can we talk later?"

     As Cedric left two minutes later, Samira's solitude wasn't long lasting, as someone else took her brother's empty seat.

     "Oh my goodness, what?", Samira snapped, before looking up, but maybe she should have acted the other way round, because as her eyes lifted from the book, her cheeks enflamed with embarrassment, as she stared into the grinning face of George Weasley. "S—sorry, I didn't mean to — uhm ... Say, where's your clone?" She looked around, sure to find Fred nearby, but George was alone. "And what are you doing in the library?"

     "Looking for you, obviously", George chuckled. "I would absolutely fancy if your hideout would have been a little more of a cheerful place, but I have to take it as it is, haven't I?"

     "Why are you looking for me?", Samira asked, cocking an eyebrow, but her insides didn't take the situation with the coolness her face showed. The butterflies exploded once more in her tummy, and her heart tried to mimic the rythmn of their tiny fluttering wings.

     "I heard what you did for Harry", George simply replied. "That was quite a magnanimous gesture, Diggory."

     "That's no big deal", Samira said, waving it of. "But you didn't come here just to tell me I did a good thing?"

     "Actually, no", George laughed. "I came here to apologise." Samira could hardly believe her ears. What had George Weasley to apologise for? At least he had saved her arse at the Yule Ball. "Seems like I had pictured you wrong for a very long while now. Always thought you were kinda snobbish, to be honest." He rubbed his neck, smiling sheepishly. "But lately I'm very surprised by you. First you signed the s.p.e.w. crap of Hermione —", "oh gods, don't remind me", Samira muttered — "and now you helped Harry with the second task. Really, I am more than surprised that you're actually more than the arrogant little doll I saw in you. And I'm sorry for it."

     Arrogant little doll? Samira's cheeks were burning, as if he'd slapped her straight across the face. "That's why you never talked to me?"

     "And that's why Fred and I chose you as a tester for our nosebleed nougat", George sniggered. "Okay, sorry, it wasn't really funny", he added with a sterner voice by the look upon her face. "First I thought, taking part in this tournament is just your way to gain even more attention, but you have changed my mind about you. I want to come up for it."

     "For what?"

     "All of it. The nosebleed, the ignoring, the stupid thoughts about you." George raised his hands in a defeated gesture. "So what do you say? There's a Hogsmeade weekend coming, do you want to go to The Three Broomsticks with me for a butterbeer or two?"

     Startled, Samira blinked. "Are you — are you trying to prank me?", she asked, while her heart returned to beating like the drummer of a death metal band.

     "Absolutely not", George replied, shaking his head. "I want to know what's going on under this blonde mane of yours. So? You and me? Saturday?"

     "Can't say no to this", Samira replied, unwillingly beaming at him like an idiot.

     "Perfect! Then we have a date!"

      A date. A d-a-t-e!

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote comment on the story to support its success. <3