O9 | plan b

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "You'll look good in every dress you own", Nora groaned, as Samira changed for the seventh time. "Wear a plastic bag, and you'll still look stunning. What's all the drama about?"

     "I just don't feel comfortable in any of these", Samira sighed, stepping into a midnight black dress, low cut on the back and a heart shaped decollete. "What do you think?"

     "I think Weasley will regret every second he wasted in his life ignoring you", Nora said, and though Samira knew that her best friend just told her, what she knew Samira wanted to hear, she grinned at her reflection in the mirror.

     "Oh, he will", Samira whispered, flicking her wand, so her long sandy blonde hair now fell in silky curls down her back.

     Twenty minutes later, Samira arrived at the entrance hall together with Nora. It was an uncommon picture; the usually black dressed hoards of students now enlightened the hall in the brightest colours.

     "Sam!"

     Cedric emerged out if the crowd, his hand intertwined with a Ravenclaw girl's wearing a silverish dress.

     "You know Cho?", Cedric asked, never having worn a brighter smile on his handsome face.

     "Uhm, right, yeah. Hi Cho", Samira stiffly replied, her eyes still on her brother. "I heard Roger asked her. But you've been faster then?"

     "Actually, erm, yes." Cedric replied, his cheeks blushing awfully. It was obviously not the full truth, but as Samira was about to dig a little deeper, Cedric was finding an excuse to pull Cho away from his sister.

     "He's not been faster." Ian appeared next to Samira and Nora, snorting a sarcastic laughter. "Little Miss Chang was about to go with Roger in first place, but you wouldn't guess what happened!"

     "Then fire away", Nora said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

     "So Roger asked Cho, and of course she said yes, but it was just two days ago, when little Miss Delacour tried her Veela shit on your brother", Ian said, wriggling his eyebrows at Samira. "Well, maybe he is gay, because it didn't work at all, but Roger was a bit too close to that scene, and so he obviously forgot about his date with Chang and asked Fleur. What can I say? She said yes."

     "And Ced is the stopgap for Cho", Samira concluded with a snorted laughter. "Oh, that poor git."

     "Talking about stopgaps", Ian then said, "who's yours?"

     "He's not a stopgap", Samira tries to defend herself, but her two friends smirked knowingly. "Okay, fine, he is. I wanted to ask someone who's pissing not only George, but also Roger off."

     "And who would that be?", Ian asked unison and Nora, who already knew the lucky one, rolled her eyes.

     "Me."

     Cassius Warrington was in more than one aspect the literary showpiece of a bad boy. Being a Slytherin Chaser and prefect were two of the only positive characteristics you'd find in that guy. Oh, and that he was ridiculously good looking. Dark brown curls dangled down his forehead, and additionally to his tanned skin it gave him the appearance of a surfer boy, but Samira knew he was nothing like that.

     Cassius was a beast on the Quidditch pitch, and he was quite more of a beast when it came to human interaction. Surprisingly, he was the one who had asked Samira just minutes after she had sworn to take the next guy who invited her for a date, and he was just perfect for the job.

     He threw a disparaging glance at Ian, completely ignored Nora, then grinned down at Samira. "You look absolutely stunning", he said, his deep voice almost sounding like a growl, that didn't much fit his kinda innocent looks.

     "Thanks, you as well", Samira smirked, scrutinizing him from head to toe. And he did look amazing in his black dress robe, that wasn't much different from their school uniform, though somewhat special.

     Professor McGonagall called the champions to come over to the entrance into the Great Hall, and Samira turned toward her friends. "I see you later, I guess."

     Not much caring for the shocked looks upon her faces, Samira made her way through the crowd, quickly finding out, Nora and Ian weren't the only ones to be more than just surprised about Samira's date. Cedric was pale like Cho Chang's silver dress, as his sister passed by, and even his lips parted slightly, having him look like he was close to an acute circulatory collapse. Several of Samira's classmates followed her paces with cocked eyebrows or widened eyes, and as they arrived at the gate, Roger's jaw fully dropped, before his eyebrows furrowed and he turned away.

     The reaction she had waited for, though, didn't happen: George Weasley didn't even look at her at all. He was chatting with Katie Bell and his brother, not taking note of Samira, and the grin was washed from her face. Katie's eyes, as well as Fred's, on the other hand, dilated wide open, as they spotted the Hufflepuff champion. Fred nudged his brother, who had turned his back on Samira. She tried to observe his reaction out of the corner of her eyes, watching George's head following the outstretched finger pointing at Samira.

     Her skin was prickling, as she felt his gaze upon her, but then she noticed his small movement, the shrug of his shoulders, before he turned back to Katie and proceeded their conversation as if nothing had happened at all.

     Samira's mood hit a low that she never knew before. She didn't even notice Cassius Warrington's arm being outstretched for her to hook into, until he hissed at her in a warning tone. The students around them one by one entered the Great Hall, and as George passed her by, he looked the other way, his hand resting upon Katie's back.

     As the Great Hall had filled, music started to play, and Samira's feet dragged her forward, heading for the long table that was reserved for the champions, their partners and judges. And in all her disappointment, as she sat down, she didn't even notice the pair of warm chocolate brown eyes finally lingering on her.

     This night was doomed.

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3