O7 | emotional rollercoaster

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "It's definite, Sam Diggory is available for the first time since our third year!"

     "The Diggory girl ditched Davies for granted now!"

     "Oh, we have to hurry, guys, this window is about to close too soon."

     "Disgusting slimy idiots!", Ian scoffed, rolling his eyes.

     That Samira hadn't taken Roger Davies back, spread faster throughout the castle than even the fact about the two Hogwarts champions seemed to have done. Whispers followed Samira everywhere she went, and she was visibly enjoying it, wearing a wide grin upon her face.

     Indeed, it was the first time she was single since her third year. Her first boyfriend and herself had broken up during the summer, just for her to return from the break with Oliver Wood by her side, then leaving him for Roger. That's it.

     It wasn't that Samira was actually interested in any of them, but George Weasley. But she would have been lying, if she wouldn't admit that she adored all the attention those boys gave her. They were all Quidditch players, all tall and good looking, all popular, and latest at the end of her fourth year, even the rats in this castle knew who Samira Diggory was. After living in her brother's shadows at home for so long, the more Samira enjoyed her fame at school — and being chosen as champion was nothing more than the cherry on top.

     If Samira would have wanted, she could choose from almost all the sixth and seventh year guys. Still there were a couple of Slytherin prats that didn't want to be seen with a Hufflepuff. And of course not every single guy was interested in her.

     One of them unfortunately still was George Weasley. His granted support from the day after the choosing had faded, and now he didn't even do that tiny nod at her, when she entered the DADA classroom. He returned to completely ignoring Samira's existence, and that kept her constantly wondering why.

     "You shouldn't worry about that dipshit, love", Ian told her, threwing a death glare at George sitting at the Gryffindor table. "The first task is in less than two weeks, you better start practicing spells, don't you think?"

     "As much as I hate to admit it, but Ian is right", said Nora. "Weasley can wait. That first task sounds dangerous. Testing your bravery and stuff. What does this even mean?"

     "Could be anything from a back flip off the Astronomy Tower to wrestling a mountain troll", Samira snorted. "It's not really something I could practice."

     "Maybe if you ask Magdalene Bullstrode", Ian suggested, and unwillingly, Samira's eyes wandered over to the Slytherin table, were the frightening Bullstrode sisters, Magdalene, a sixth year, and Millicent, a fourth year, sat and chewed on their meal, leaving Samira wonder, if whatever was in their mouth had already been dead when they started to eat it.

     "Not even Hagrid would stand a chance against her, so no, thank you", said Samira, her eyes once more fixating the back of George Weasley's head.

     Of course her friends were right; she definitely shouldn't concentrate on anything but the first task, but that bloody ginger was like a bug in her head, and she couldn't get rid of him, no matter how hard she tried.

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "Dragons?"

     "They have four of them. One for every champion."

     The first task wasn't even twenty four hours away, and Harry Potter's words were echoing in Samira's ears like a death sentence.