1O | oh sweet solitude

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "I am not much into dancing, you know?", Cassius explained to Samira after he stepped on her toe for the fourth time in just one song.

     "It's okay", she replied, trying her hardest not to hiss her words through gritted teeth. She even managed to expell all the annoyance out of her voice. "I'm sure you've other qualities."

     "You bet I have", he said and again there was this hungry look in his dark, almost black eyes.

     You bet I won't find out, Samira thought, tucking a smile, before she let her eyes scan the room once more. This opening dance was a boring waltz, and turning and swirling, she still found more eyes upon her than on any of the other champions, even though Harry was much worse of a dancer than Warrington could ever be.

     The further the evening went on, the more awful of an idea it turned out to be having chosen to go to this ball with Cassius Warrington. He would never leave Samira's side, not to get drinks, not to go to the loo, and if Samira's bladder didn't order her to leave every once in a while, she wouldn't have had even two minutes off of this guy.

     "No, you don't need to accompany me, Cas", she almost sighed. "Can you just — can you just get us some drinks? I'll be right back."

     Halfway on her way to the bathroom, Samira ducked down beneath the crowd on the dancefloor, making her way outside. Behind the Great Hall, someone (she suggested Hagrid with a little help of Professor Sprout) had grown a beautiful rose garden, and she stepped into the night, taking a deep breath. With a last glance back over her shoulder, she made her way into the labyrinth of roses and ice sculptures, passing by snogging couples in the shadows of the hedges, until she found a spot for herself.

     "Oh sweet solitude", she muttered, sitting down onto one of the stone benches, that turned out to be surprisingly warm in this cold winter night.

     As soon as she would return to the ball, she decided it was time to find Nora and Ian and leave the party. She didn't intend to spend another minute with Warrington, who'd grown quite touchy with every drink he poured down his throat.

     "Miss Diggory", a well known voice appeared out of the shadows, and goosebumps covered Samira's skin, as Mad-Eye Moody emerged out of the dark. "Shouldn't you be inside?"

     "I needed a break", she told the teacher with a forced smile. "Just a gasp of fresh air, you know? Clear the mind and stuff."

     "Ah, yes, I see, some of the students have decided to spike the drinks", Moody replied with an amused growl. "You should stay awake from the pumpkin juice, if you want you mind to remain clear." Samira just nodded. "How's it going with the golden egg?"

     "Oh, erm ... Well ..." What could she say? She'd left the egg in her trunk ever since she'd opened it the last time two weeks ago, where it did nothing but scream awfully.

     "It's still screaming like a banshee, isn't it?"

     "Kind of, yeah", Samira chuckled. "But I guess the task won't be defeating a banshee, thinking about the death rate they want to avoid rising."

     "They for sure wouldn't dare something like that." A smiling Moody turned out to be way lot more terrifying than the usual Moody; his face looked like a creepy mask carved into wood. "But a bright girl like you for sure can figure out another creature, which screams let your blood freeze."

     "Unfortunately, no", Samira replied. "It could be my brother singing under the shower, but that's very unlikely, thinking about the death rate thing again."

     "Though you're on a good track", Moody laughed. "Maybe not a shower, but let's say ... Why not dig a bit deeper under the surface?"

     "You mean ... ?"

     "And while under the surface, maybe try to open the egg again."

     "Sir, aren't — aren't you supposed to not help the champions?", Samira stammered, while the excitement about this hint got her heart beating faster. "I mean ... I really thank you, but ..."

     "Ah, well, it's not that I wouldn't suggest you to not solve this riddle on your own, Miss Diggory. Just a little push into the right direction." He took a sip out if his flask, then turned around and left, as if the talk between him and his student has never happened.

     Minutes after Moody had left, Samira was still staring at the spot where he had vanished into the shadows, so she didn't notice the foot steps nearing her, until someone grabbed her arm and pulled her up.

     "If you want to hide from me, try better next time, Diggory", Cassius Warrington growled, the anger all written over his face. "It's impolite to leave your date hanging just like that."

     Samira narrowed her eyes and wriggled herself out of Warrington's grip. "See, Cas, this isn't working, okay. We had a nice time this evening, but I think we should call it a night now."

     "I don't think so, to be honest", he said, taking a step forward to close the gap between him and Samira. "The night has just started, and I know you aren't one of those girls that stop right at this point." His fingers stroke back a strain of loose hair behind Samira's ear and she flinched back. "C'mon, little Diggory, I saw it in your eyes. You want me as much as I want you ..."

     His voice turned quieter with every word, and without a warning, he pressed his lips onto hers. Samira's reaction followed on the spot: with all force she could bring up, she pushed Warrington away from her, having him stumble against the ice sculpture of a reindeer.

     "Don't you dare to act on me like that", he spat, steading himself. He was two heads higher than Samira, and the look upon his face was nothing but scary. "All the teasing and now you think you can push me away?" He took a step forward, eyebrow knitted to a single line. "I'll teach you manners!"

     Before he could take another step forward, Samira got covered by wide shoulder's and a muscular back.

     "Talking about manners, Cassius, I guess it's time for you to leave the party."

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3