23 | family reunion

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     Samira entered the trophy room with Cedric and Harry by her side, and memories of the last time she stepped into this chamber enlightened her memory, making it seem like it was a lifetime ago. So many things had changed for the better and still she could barely believe her own happiness.

     "M—Mrs. Weasley? Bill? What are you doing here?"

     Harry's eyes behind his circular glasses grew wide, and Samira couldn't hide a smile, when Mrs. Weasley enclosed the young Gryffindor into a bear-like hug. Fred and George's surprise for their brother from a different mother, as they used to call Harry, was a full success.

     "Samira!"

     It was hard to draw her attention from Harry to her own mother, but finally she turned her neck to face Helen Diggory standing next to Viktor Krum and his parents, and —

     "Dad?"

     For a second, Samira's heart refused to beat, then did a jump in her chest. "What — I thought you have to work!"

     "I thought so, too", Amos Diggory replied, a light smile on his lips. "Cornelius though thought I shouldn't miss my daughter winning the tournament tonight. He's one of the judges, since Barty's still missing."

     Still with her face showing the purest surprise, Samira let her mother hug her, half-heartedly hugging her back. She was too overwhelmed by her father's appearance to catch a clear thought.

     Out of the corner of her eye, Samira noticed that Harry and the two Weasley's were about to leave. As they passed Amos Diggory, he looked around. 

     "There you are, are you?", he said, looking Harry up and down. "Bet you're not feeling quite as full of yourself now Samira's caught you up on points, are you?"

     "What?", said Harry. 

     "Ignore him", said Cedric in a low voice to Harry, frowning after his father. "He's been angry ever since Rita Skeeters article about the Triwizard Tournament - you know, when she made out you were the only Hogwarts champion." 

     "Didn't bother to correct her, though, did he?" said Amos Diggory, loudly enough for Harry to hear as he started to walk out of the door with Mrs. Weasley and Bill. "Still, you'll show him, Sam. A Diggory has beaten him once before!" 

     "Merlin, Dad!", Samira groaned. "Don't make a fuzz out of this. The better one will win, right, Harry?" She winked at the young boy and with a pink flush upon his cheeks, he cracked a smile. Then Samira turned a back around to her father. "From all the people, it is you who should know that Rita Skeeter is doing everything to cause trouble", she hissed. Mrs. Weasley, Bill and Harry had left the chamber. "Don't be so mean to Harry, he's doing a great job in the tournament, and if he'll win this, it's justified."

     "With an attitude like that, you won't win anything tonight", Amos replied in a bitter voice, and as Samira was about to open her mouth to start a quarrel, Cedric said in an unusual sharp voice,

     "That's enough now. Can the two of you not for once stop bickering at least for today? I know it's hard for you to accept, Dad, but Samira has done overwhelmingly great during the first two tasks and she will   probably win this. It wouldn't hurt if you for once show her that you are indeed proud of her!"

     "Why, but I am", Amos barked at his son, not even looking at Samira. "I didn't know she always needs reassurance about that!"

     Cedric was about to shoot back at his father, but Samira waved it off. "Let it be, Ced", she snarled. "He said, he's proud of me. From now on he can only screw up."

     Though Samira had survived her first meeting with Mrs. Weasley due to the fact that neither George's, nor Samira's parents knew about their liaison, she was well aware that this was only given her a couple of more hours until the bomb has to blow up. From her first impression of Molly Weasley, Samira had the faint hope that it wouldn't turned out as a catastrophe. But she knew her father pretty well, and though Amos Diggory and Arthur Weasley got along fine, Samira knew that her father was full of prejudice towards the red headed family. He wouldn't take his daughters relationship to a Weasley all too enthusiastic.

     Therefore, when Fred and George entered the Great Hall after their exams, Samira's heart was weakly beating in her chest, close to pull the emergency brake and let her die on an instant just in case it would get too embarrassing.

     The Weasley twins greeted their mother, and Samira exchanged stolen glances with George, who was waiting for Samira's sign that would tell him she was ready. She was not. Nevertheless, with a silent sigh, Samira nodded and she got out of her seat at the Hufflepuff table. "Mum, Dad, would you — I want you to meet someone. Would you follow me?"

     Amos Diggory's face already dropped before even been given further information, but with his eyebrow raised, he followed his wife's movement, as they went over to the Gryffindor table, where George was already up to his feet. 

     "So erm ...", Samira started, nibbling on her bottom lip, her fingers intertwined. "You know George, Arthur's and Molly's son."

     "Mum, you know Samira", George said and he grinned wildly, not seeming to be nervous at all.

     Samira and George exchanged a last glance, before Samira took a deep breath and George widened his Cheshire cat grin, both announcing, "We're dating."

     A smile appeared on Molly Weasley's face, and she had already opened her mouth to say something, as Amos Diggory shouted, "No!" He looked from George to his daughter and back in sheer disbelief. "What — How? What about Roger?!"

     "Roger is a prick", Samira hissed, scowling at her father. "He's a sexistic, chauvinistic arse, and I dumped him over half a year ago, what you would know if you'd be at least the tiniest being interested in my life."

     "Not this again, young lady!", Amos growled at her. "I only want the best for you! He isn't the best!"

     "That's not yours to decide." Samira crossed her arms in front of her chest, stepping closer to George. "He is best for me, if you're willing to accept it or not."

     Before Amos could go on fighting, his wife placed a hand upon his shoulder, shaking her head. "Not now, Amos. She's having a big night ahead of her."

     With his index finger raised and pointed at Samira, his face a frown, Amos Diggory announcement, "This isn't over yet, young lady. We'll discuss this tomorrow."

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3