💕|Lingering touch|

Aesop/embalmer x artists!reader

Requested by ClareRain

______________________________________

You sat at your desk, repeatedly taping your pencil against the wooden surface while trying to get inspiration. You had agreed to a bet with the stuck up artist, Edgar since he wasn't so keen on the idea of two artist in one manor. The bet was that you had to make a simple portrait of someone in the manor but it had to have some sort of twist or alteration and whoever had more creative liberty while it still looking like the person could tell the loser to do anything, including failing a match and dragging your team down. You didn't want to lose since you didn't have the smallest idea of what the male would tell you to do since he was still quite new.

You let out a groan of frustration, crossing your arms, looking at the blank sheet of paper in front of you. You couldn't figure out who to draw so you had written in a corner names of survivors and hunters who you had a vague idea of what to do. The names included people like Vera and Mary to quieter ones like Andrew and Victor. You had asked a few people but they all denied due to either matches or not wanting to take part in the bet. You got up and left, hoping that a glass of water and a bit of fresh air would help. Once you finally grabbed your water, a sketchbook and a pen, you headed to the garden.

You sat down on one of the stone benches, crossing your legs and taping the pen on your head.

"Think think......ugh why can't I seem to have any inspiration!" You groaned and shut your eyes, a scowl present on your face. Before you could continue your rant, the door opened and a pair of footsteps were making their way torwards you. You looked behind only to be met with the grey haired embalmer.

"A-ah! Did you want to be alone? I could leave!" He squeaked, messing with the cuffs of his sleeve.

Inspiration suddenly hit you faster than the tram in Eversleeping town.

"No you can stay! But I would like to ask you something...." you trailed off, making Aesop more nervous "Could I maybe draw you?" You finished, deciding that adding the bet part wouldn't be so good.

"M-me? I uh....sure...." he turned red, shy that you would want to waste your talent on him. You clapped your hands in glee, admiring how cute he looked with red dusting his cheeks.

"Thank you so so much! I'll be right back!" You responded before getting up and exiting the garden to grab the rest of your art supplies, leaving Aesop to wallow in his insecurity.

'What if they lied? No Y/n wouldn't do that.......but who would want to draw someone like me.....I'm no one importantly' The embalmer continued to put himself down, unaware you had returned.

"Aesop? Aesop!"

"Huh?"

"Are you alright?" You questioned, hugging your canvas close to your chest.

"Y-yeah..." he shyly muttered, looking down.

You opened your sketchbook and started sketching out ideas, occasionally looking up at the embalmer, after a few minutes of sketching the shifty grey haired male you ripped out a page and placed it down before shutting your sketchbook closed. You placed the canvas on your lap and started by slapping a bit of desaturated blue on the canvas as a base. Aesop watched you tentatively as you worked, amazed at how you made everything look so simple. You occasionally looked over at him and tilted his head and caressed his cheek making the male squirm at the feeling of your soft hands on his skin.

An hour and a half had probably gone by but everytime Aesop would start dozing off, he was brought back to reality by your soft and lingering touch. The embalmer got curious and looked over your shoulder as you added your signature on the painting. He was in awe at your handy work. You had made him look flawless, perfect, stunning, oh how he wished he could live up to that. The embalmer suddenly shyed away, embarrassed that he couldn't look like how you portrayed him in your painting. You could feel the hesitation radiating off him and furrowed your brows, looking at the still wet painting.

"Do you not like it....? I'm sorry! I could make another one" You frowned at the male, afraid you got him upset.

"N-No! It's amazing! I just......don't think I could ever look like that....." He trailed off, looking down, his hands clutching his shirt.

You softly giggle making the embalmer shoot his head up in embarrassment. Were you laughing at him? He questioned, fear overwhelmed him before you opened your mouth.

"Aesop but you are this pretty! You look flawless and I don't think I would be able to get all your stunning features in one painting." You smiled, gently grabbing the embalmer's hand. You continued complimenting the grey haired male in front of you, his face flushed in embarrassment.

You placed the painting down and looked at Aesop before smirking, giving the shy embalmer butterflies in his stomach. You leaned over to him and placed a kiss on his lips, the thin mask still present on Aesop's face. He burned up, feeling so flustered even though you technically kissed his mask.

"Well I must be going! I do have to help Emily make dinner. Love you" you smiled, softly tracing the top of his mask before walking off, leaving the painting and your art supplies under the stone bench and the red faced embalmer, hung up on your lingering touch.
______________________________________

Words: 960

Smh I don't know why I died for a while. I just lost inspiration I guess? Also my baby boy Edgar is most liked coming sometime in Season 12 so I can officially start writing for him OwO

Anyway I need 1000 more clues to get Wu chang because DW is driving me insane with her small hitbox and stupid followers. I've played with my friend 216 times in Season 11 according to my manor career which is cool.

Good to know I had 100% confirmed terror shocks for 216 days. No joke I get so freaked out trying to help this stupid blind idiot that I dumb out (she mains Minds)
Anyways I finished Dream witch's and and Postman's deductions and just need 1 more to finish mechs!
I made it my personal goal to get all of Edgar's skins(including his S) so I'm going to go broke! :)

So priestess is a roach and I hate her more than I did before and I'm a simp for all the long haired bois

Bye bye! Hopefully I won't die again♡