CHAPTER-16: PAIN HEALS WITH TIME

~The funny thing is when you become happy alone, everyone wants to be with you~

Dedicated to my precious friend jimink101 (Winner of the mini game. The answer is goblin)

(A/N: Do read the previous chapter to know what loss happened in their family)

~A year after~

It is said that everything changes with time. The people whom we lose becomes a memory, sometimes a sad or sometimes a beautiful memory. When time passes, we engross in the present with the memories of people who are not with us in the next chapter of this beautiful book called life.

The Haider Ruqbaan family was healing from the loss of their loved ones, the wings of the family which is broken but healing doesn't mean those beautiful souls are forgotten. Their loss was still heartbreaking for them, but Allah has a better plan always.

A lot of things happened within a year. Durrah and Daniyal, started living with Hoorain's family along with their lolly, Maryam. Habeeba and Aalif was there for them, as a supportive pillar.

Accepting the truth wasn't easier for them, but they were living with a wish that their siblings and mother will be in heaven, smiling at them.

The one person, who stopped smiling, in other words who forgot to breathe, was Anwaar. He was broken, he couldn't visit his children because Durrah's face reminded him of his beloved Dunya. He remained far away from them, as he believed they were in safe hands.

Daniyal, moved to Singapore, for his studies, to fulfill Dunya's wish of him becoming an engineer. He visits his sister and family, once in a month.

Durrah, had joined in the same university where Hoorain was, as it was a huge campus from kindergarden to Postgraduate. She was in her ninth grade along with Jannah.

That accident bought a huge loss for them, but the devil who made the loss wasn't caught. Malik, had been hiding somewhere since the accident took place. Aalif had given a complaint regarding the accident but sadly, Malik wasn't caught and the police is still in the mission of finding him.

At present, it was a very bright afternoon in Dubai, the students of the university had occupied each corners of the canteen and were formed in a group as they were practicing for the upcoming inter-college competition.

" So girls, three of us will be in black outfit and the other three will be in white. And is everyone okay with having you face painted?" Hoorain asked her group members who were sitting on the marbled bench.

" Yes" They said in unison.

" Hiba will be the child in the act, it wil suit you Hibz as you don't have to act as a child" Hoorain chuckled and looked at Hiba who was busy eating her sandwich.

" Astagfirullah! Hiba, did you even listen to my instructions? Someone please give me a rod, so that I can break her head" Hoorain said through her gritted teeth.

" C'mon, Hoor if you break my head, you won't be able to marry my bhai" Hiba was fully engrossed in her eating, she didnot even think about what she said.

" What?" Hoorain shrugged her eyebrows at her.

Tanisha pinched Hiba's arms while Hiba started coughing without a break.

" Ahh, actually, I... I... was...telling...you...bhai...I..mean... oh yeah, I meant the guy who is marrying you will be like a brother to me, isn't it Tanu" Hiba gave a nervous smile, while Tanisha nodded her head.

Hoorain gave her a forceful smile and hummed at them in response.

She started showing them the steps for the dance. It was a mime show, with some dance steps in it. The theme they had choosen was 'Save girl child', as they wanted to show a performance which will give a good message to the society.