slow breaths - chapter 4

(a/n; so i forgot to publish chapter 3 after i finished it oops whatever i just published it. also these chapter names suck im sorry i might end up removing the chapter names and just having them say chapter 2 or some shit (with no name). ANYWAYS enjoy this chapter!! also tysm for getting this to 173 in the crankgameplays tag!!!)

your eyes opened. something beneath you was warm- and it was moving. you looked below you at what you were laying on. soft, warm skin. you glanced up. ethan. with no fucking shirt on. he was editing the video you guys had recorded yesterday, just fiddling with his laptop. ethan looked at you. "good morning." your mouth was dry. you opened your mouth to say words, but they wouldn't come out. "you need some water?" he chuckled. you nodded, goofily smiling. he reached over and got his water bottle, handing it to you. "i hope you don't mind-" you took it from him almost immediately and took a couple sips, putting it back where he took it from. "thanks." you giggled. "anyways, how did i... you know." he looked you in your eyes, interrupting you and stunning you. "...get on top of you??", you finished with a hint of uncertainty at the end. ethan sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "i genuinely don't know. i woke up and you were fast asleep holding onto my chest. the first thought that came to mind was to let you sleep and not bother you, so i just kinda started editing." you stared at him, fidgeting with the blanket that was covering you both. "well, i mean.. i think i'm gonna go back to sleep. if that's okay with you." ethan shook his head. "no, it's okay! don't worry about it, i really don't mind." you nodded and pulled the blanket up just below your jaw. ethan's soft breathing lulled you to sleep as you drifted off once again.

the door opens, and you're awoken from the noise. you squirmed and pressed your face against ethan's chest, annoyed that you got woken up. mark stared at ethan. "dude- did you sleep with her?" mark muttered. ethan's eyes widened. "no! it's not what you think." mark sighed and shook his head. "then what is it?" ethan never responded. "come on, blurt it out. tell me why the fuck you had sex with elle." you could hear the fear in ethan's voice as he shouted; "we never had sex!" he took in a deep breath. "elle was sleeping on the couch, but she got cold and couldn't sleep so i let her sleep next to me. we woke up this morning like this completely out of instinct and we didn't bother to alter our positions because we were comfortable. i swear on god we didn't fuck, mark." mark just slowly nodded his head and furrowed his eyebrows. "alright. fair enough." you felt the tension in ethan's body release as mark left the room. "ethan, i'm sorry if i got you in trouble." you whined. he took in a deep breath. "don't worry about it. the only thing i care about is that you're comfortable- whether it be around me, mark, amy, or just in this house alone. elle,
i'm happy you stayed the night. i really am." you looked up at him and he had the biggest smile on his face. "thank you for everything."; you replied, with nothing more. ethan chuckled and shut his laptop. "i think we should go downstairs now. it's almost 1pm." you giggled. "yeah.. come on!"