slamming doors - chapter 7

you woke up to the door being rammed open. you jerked up, holding the blanket over your chest and staring at mark. he wasn't looking at you, though. he was staring at ethan. you looked over at ethan to see ethan sitting there with his eyes wide in fear. "mark." mark didn't respond. he just stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. you rushed out of the bed, finding your clothes on the floor. "...fuck." ethan muttered while rising to his feet scurrying to pick up his clothes. he threw them on while you struggled to put your bra back on. once you got your clothes, ethan sighed. "don't even try with him. he's only gonna get angrier if we bother him. let him hold his grudges, he'll get over it eventually." you stared at ethan. "so... we're just going to ignore the fact that he knows?" he cocked his head. "knows what?" you opened your mouth to speak, but he cut you off. "oh. i mean.. it's not his problem whether we've done it or not. he can be mad all he wants, but in the end he can't change that." you sighed. "he gets mad for no reason. well, not always no reason, but you know what i mean." ethan nodded slowly. "eventually he's going to have to talk to us, so.." you smiled, looking at the man standing right in front of you. "yeah." ethan glanced at the clock. "3pm, huh. we slept for a while." "mhm." he looked at the tv. "wanna watch something? we can binge outer banks or something." you smiled. "yeah! i've been wanting to watch outer banks but i haven't had anyone to binge it with." he grinned. "come on." you plopped yourself down onto the bed, and he followed. he turned on the tv and went onto netflix, clicking on outer banks. "let's do this." outer banks had 10 hours worth of binging in the first season, so it would keep you and ethan busy for a while. he wrapped his arms around your chest as the first episode began to play. you two watched for a couple hours, and multiple times you almost fell asleep in ethan's arms. his nose rested on top of your head, his delicate breaths bristling your hair.

you were half asleep, focusing on the show when ethan's phone began ringing, scaring you. ethan groaned and turned over. "...hello?" he took in a deep breath. "yeah, tomorrow? ...what time?" you paused the show and waited until ethan was off the phone. "alright. i'll see you tomorrow then. goodbye." ethan drifted his gaze over to you. "i have to go to my mom's tomorrow. from 9am to 2pm." you nodded. "alright... but 9? that's early." he sighed, laying back down. "i know, but my mom needs me to fix her lights so i gotta help her." you reached for the remote. "...alright." you swiftly resumed the show and laid back down next to ethan. within 30 minutes, you thought were about to pass out in his arms. he pressed his head against yours gently, and you giggled softly. after multiple hours you were already on top of ethan, your head on his chest and his arm around your waist. you weren't even watching the show anymore, you were just focusing on ethan. his steady breaths matched yours, and you could hear his heart beating. "...i'm think i'm gonna fall asleep.", you dreamily muttered, your speech slurred by the drowsiness. he chuckled. "it's okay. go ahead." after that, it was all a blur as you drifted off to sleep.