Chapter 2

Buzz. Zaira got up from her sleep. She is a very light sleeper. Plus, she was having a horrible nightmare. She checked her phone. A text from Ken! She opened the text with a big smile.

Ken: I have arrived in Princeton, tomorrow I will start learning here! How are you doing?

You: Great to hear that! I'm doing okay, minus the fact that I miss you so much.. T_T Anyways, how is it there?

Ken: Lol, I miss you too... It's very nice here... Even though the building looks um... o-l-d, but it's fine, it's very big! I might get lost here..

You: Don't ever get lost! I can't even imagine losing you!

Ken: Okay sweetie!

You: You aren't busy?

Ken: Nah, why?

You: Nothing...

Ken: Wanna facetime?

You: No!! No! Straight up no! I look like a monkey rn! Maybe later

Ken: Haha, lol, okay I guess, I'll be waiting for you, my princess, no! My queen

You: Thanks, bye, I'll go shower, I'm afraid you can smell my stinky body through the phone!

Ken: You always smell good to me, anyways, bye!

Zaira got up and headed to the bathroom to shower. She put on her white shirt and some jeans. Today she had an appointment with her therapist.

After she showered, she ate some cereal, then the doorbell rang.

' Must be my therapist ' Zaira thought.

She ran to the door and opened it.

" Hello Anne! " Zaira said.

" Hi Zaira! " Anne replied.

" I'm eating breakfast, do you want something? Tea? Or? " Zaira said.

" Just water's fine, " Anne said.

Zaira headed back to her kitchen and took a glass of water for Anne.

" Here you go, " Zaira said.

" Thanks Zaira, " Anne said.

Anne is Zaira's therapist, but unlike any other therapist, who's usually much older than their clients, Anne is only a year older than Zaira. Zaira's 24 while Anne's 25. That's why they get along very well.

" So, anything to talk about today? " Anne asked when they were already sitting down together on Zaira's bed.

" Well, not really, I just feel very heartbroken about the fact that Ken moved " Zaira replied.

" Okay, tell me all about your heartbreak then " Anne said. Anne is very good when it comes to talking and listening to people.

" Well... I'm kinda scared that he will find another girl there " Zaira confessed. " You know my past already, I really don't want to lose someone I love again, I feel like I have been pretty clingy on Ken, but he knows why, I think, I hope, "

" My advice for you right now is to chill, don't get too obsessed with him. If he loves you, then he won't cheat, but if he does cheat, means he just isn't the one, remember, what's most important is you gotta continue living your life, if you keep thinking of him, you won't be able to make the best of your time, and if you get too obsessed with him, if he cheats, you will get an enormous amount of pain in your heart " Anne said.

Zaira nodded confidently.

" Great advice Anne! Thanks, " Zaira said. " Why don't you hang here for a bit? "

" Sure, you're my only client for today, so I guess why not " Anne replied.

Zaira and Anne got up and moved to the living room.

" Let's watch a movie, " Zaira suggested. Anne agreed.

" Let's watch 'Crazy Rich Asians' " Anne said. " It's a very good romance movie "

" I'm not a big fan of romance but whatever right " Zaira said. She opened netflix on her television and looked for the movie, then they watched it.

" That was a great movie! Considering the fact it's my 7th time watching it " Anne said. She got up and stretched her body.

" It was great actually, for a person that's not a fan of romance, I like it " Zaira said. She also got up and stretched, since they had been sitting for 2 hours straight.

" Let's go have lunch, " Zaira said.

" We're gonna cook? " Anne asked.

" Whatever you want, I'm fine with cooking, but I think we gotta buy the ingredients first, " Zaria said. " Or do you prefer we just go out and eat? "

" We should just cook, we get the experience, and we can have some time together " Anne stated.

" Okay, what should we cook then? " Zaria asked.

" Um, let's make something simple, baked spaghetti? " Anne suggested.

' If Anne calls baked spaghetti simple, I wonder what's fancy in her head, tacos from scratch? Casserole? ' Zaira thought. Although she thinks baked spaghetti isn't simple, she still nodded anyways.

" What ingredients do we need? " Zaira asked.

" For the sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste, we will buy the spaghetti, then some mozzarella and parmesan for the top, " Anne said.

' Anne must be a great cook ' Zaira thought. She went and grabbed her keys.

" We're gonna ride my motorbike okay? " Zaira asked.

Anne nodded.

They went out of the house and onto Zaira's motorbike. Zaira started the motorbike and they headed to the supermarket.

" Okay, canned crushed tomatoes, check, tomato sauce, check, tomato paste, check, spaghetti, check, mozzarella, check, parmesan, check, we got everything! Let's go! " Anne declared.

They went back home and started preparing their lunch. Anne was incharge of making the sauce, while Zaira boils the pasta and grates the cheese.

" Lunch is almost done, " Zaira said when they finished their meals, it's now cooking in the oven. " We still have to wash tho "

" Oh, yeah, let's wash, " Anne instructed.

Anne and Zaira then got up again to wash the dishes.

" The Spaghetti's ready! " Exclaimed Zaira when the oven dinged. They we're already starving at that point. Anne took out the baked spaghetti and put it on the table to let it cool off.

" Enjoy! " Anne exclaimed. They took their utensils and went straight to eating.

" It's sooo good!!!! " Zaria commented.

It is good, you can taste the fresh tomatoes, the cheese melting in your mouth, and the warmness of the spaghetti. It tastes heavenly!

" Thanks for accompanying me and cooking that delicious meal! " Zaria said.

" No problem, " Anne said. She walked through Zaria's rocky front pathway and on her motorbike.

" Bye Zaira! " Anne exclaimed. Zaria waved her hands at Anne. Then she left.