Chapter 8

*Ken

" Christy! " Ken shouted while banging on Christy's door.

" Yes Ken? " Christy replied with a sweet tone.

" Did you send Zaira a fake chat between you and me? " Ken asked.

" No.... " Christy replied with an innocent smile.

" Just admit it Christy, I hate people who lie, so if you want even the tiniest hope of being my friend, you have to be honest! " Ken stated.

" Fine, I was the one who sent the recording, so what if it's me? " Christy said, being as careless as she can be.

" That's not a good deed, but I respect you for being honest, from now on we're friends " Ken said. He let out his hand and Christy did too. They shaked hands. A great start of a beautiful friendship.

Ken headed back to his dorm with a big smile on his face. He was glad that he and Christy are now friends, ' she doesn't seem so bad, we'll get along very well ' Ken thought.

*Zaira

Zaira had this huge feeling that the name Christy Georgina Susanne was too familiar, even the name " Christy " sounded very familiar. She tried to think harder, going to every section and corners of her memory lane. She tried to search Christy Georgina Susanne in all her social media, all she found was this Christy's account, that's filled with pictures of Christy in designer outfit. There hasn't been a proper lead yet. The more minutes went by, the more Zaira got hopeless.

After minutes of intense thinking, Zaira lied in her bed and stared at the ceiling. ' Christy, Christy, where have I heard that name before? ' Zaira thought. Suddenly, a childhood memory flashed back to her mind.

" You don't belong here Zaira, no parents, no money, you are different from us, and we don't hang out with people different from us " A girl said with a threatening tone. Tears ran down Zaira's cheeks. Her life was perfect. As perfect as it could be, but know, all the perfectness vanished. " We also don't bother with your pathetic life history " the girl said. Then they left Zaira alone.

A dark awful memory came flashing back. When she was in primary. Zaira's life was perfect, she had everything she wanted. Great parents, decent house, toys, and most importantly, she was loved. When Zaira turned 6, her little sister, Zoey was born. Zoey took all the love of their parents. Their parents never tucked Zaira to bed anymore. They never sang lullabies anymore, they didn't take Zaira to school anymore, everything came crashing down. Their parents fell in love with Zoey, and Zaira was forgotten. Their parents sent her to the orphanage, and ever since then she has been an orphan. Abandoned by her own parents.