Chapter Four

After leaving Lori's apartment, I could not get her off my mind her scent was driving me crazy, she has no idea the scent she gives off and to what she is, how has no one ever told her that her bloodline is one of ancient and to be cherished?

 Not being able to tell her as of yet, was making my wolf insane, he wanted to claim his mate now and to hell with tradition. She was his, and he didn't understand why I stopped when we were lying in bed together. My wolf and I were in total agreement that we wanted to mark our mate and claim her, so our scent would be all over her and no other males could come around without their throat being ripped out, but my father wouldn't allow it yet.

Our company is filled with unmated wolves, and they had a chance to see if they had a connection to her besides me which always made me and my wolf growl not wanting anyone else to be around Lori.

 I fucking missed our date, I knew my father would pull this shit having me over see the packs run tonight, and without my cell I knew I couldn't tell her what was going on, she was going to be pissed.

 I saw how much she wanted to rip my clothes off of me when we were in her bed, her scent of arousal was more than I could take. I had to get out of there before I claimed her right then and there, but I planned to tonight until my father told me what I was going to be doing. Taking over as alpha after the full moon was something I was born and trained for, but damn it not tonight of all nights, once I got back from the run, I saw she had texted. 

What was I to tell her, sorry something came up and I will make it up to you, a normal person would have but I just could not bear to lie to her about anything, so instead I decided not to text but to go in person tomorrow and talk with her that was better than a text?

 The next morning, I got dressed and decided to go buy some flowers, not sure what kind she liked so I brought wildflowers mixed them with roses and baby's breath, had the woman mix them all together, so hopefully there is something there that she would like, walking over to her apartment I noticed a scent which put my wolf on edge, who is already sniffing around my mate my wolf growled inside of me. 

Walking at a pace that was on edge my wolf and I stopped at her apartment, it was Derek, that son of a bitch, he knew I was interested in her and planed on making her my mate, but he was another alpha male that worked for my father. Since he was part owner of the company, no one knew this they thought he was just an executive only my father and I knew authentic. 

Standing down below, I could hear the whole thing, my wolf wanted out to tear into Derek, but I could not yet, Lori was single, and I screwed up. I should have texted, but I could hear her voice, she was nervous but intrigued at the same time with this man, with Lori not knowing what was beneath her skin she would start to attract every single male werewolf around, her wolf would soon show herself and her pheromones were giving off the scent she was looking for a mate. 

He felt bad for Lori, she had no idea what she was about to walk in to, which made him even more irritated, he needed to get with her and explain everything so she had an idea even if she thought he was crazy, until she turned into her wolf than her world will explode. He knew he could not do anything about it right now, so turning away he went back to his house and put the flowers in water for tomorrow.

When she got to work there would be the flowers and a note for her, hopefully she would accept them, but he had no idea when it came to Lori how she would react. The next morning, I made sure to get there an hour before anyone else, he went and put the flowers at her desk in a nice vase with a note telling her he was sorry for Saturday night and if she would give him another chance, she would not regret it.

 Going back to his office, he started pacing looking at the clock since Lori was due to be at her desk in just a few minutes. As if on cue, he could smell her scent as soon as she stepped in the office, his wolf growled knowing his mate was here safe where he could watch out for her, going to my desk I had to play it cool, I also had to settle my wolf or else he would take his mate at once.

 I was on the computer I could see her walk in, which made me smile until I saw who she was walking with, she usually walked in with Darcy, but not today, she was with Derek, laughing and smiling up at him. I had to take a few deep breaths, controlling my wolf and myself, he kissed her hand and went on his way, Lori watching Derek walk away and with that smile on her face, it should be me putting that smile on her face in the mornings till she went to sleep.

 I noticed Lori stopped at her desk with a puzzled look on her face as soon as she saw the flowers, taking the note and reading it, she looked right up at me. I never left my name, I did not want to do that to her incase the others in the office became nosey, which they were. She looked back down at the note and back up at me, I could see a tear escape her eyes, and before she could wipe it away, I was out of my office and in front of her wiping it away for her.

 "I am so sorry about Saturday, I went to come by yesterday to explain everything but saw Derek was there and I didn't want to interrupt, so I thought I would surprise you with the flowers, I wasn't sure what was your favorite, so I had this woman put together a mixture and I wanted to talk to you in person instead of text." 

I stood there searching Lori's eyes hoping she would give me a second chance, and to hell with my father coming in between what was ours, she looked up at me and I could see the smile even though she tried to hide it around everyone that was coming in. I grabbed her hand and took her to my office and shut the door and closed the blinds, once I made sure we had privacy I took her face in my hands and kissed her with every ounce of passion I could convey to her. 

She pulled back for a moment then jumped and wrapped her legs around my waist and crashed her lips against mine.

 My wolf growled content that she was in our arms. She slid down which while doing that she glided over how hard she made me which made her blush but the smile she had on her lips was something amazing.

 "I forgive you, and I look forward to our date that you promised, but I will only give you one last chance" and with that this woman who was so sexy opened my office door and strolled out as she had won the battle. 

I stood there smiling knowing that woman was my mate. I looked up and saw Derek seething with fury and all I could do was smile and nod my head, let the games begin I thought in my head, and turned my back on him and spent the rest of the day working while watching Lori sit at her desk smelling the flowers off and on with a smile on those lushes lips every time.