Chapter Seventeen

There was a loud knock that seemed to echo throughout the house, groaning Derek rolled over and got up and I could not help but open my eyes a tiny bit to watch him walk out of the bedroom, one thing about being a werewolf I guess they do not care about nudity and that I am still working on, I have issues with anyone except the man I am dating seeing me naked.

 Derek has no issue, he walked down to answer the door in all his naked glory which had my wolf and me growling as it better not be another woman.

 Deciding not to stay in bed since the curiosity took over, I slipped on my robe that is nice and silky and it went to just above my knees and my favorite color dark red and black swirled together, my girlfriends from work thought it would be a perfect gift since I told them I was going away for a week with a guy that I am seeing. I never told them but by now I am sure they all know its Derek and I am good with that; you know how many times the women in that office would flirt with him and it would drive me nuts. 

Walking out into the hallway heading towards the stairs I could hear a heated discussion and it was men voices truly angry men voices, not sure if I want to do down now, I started to sneak back to the bedroom, "Lori we know your there, can you please come down there are a few things that all of us need to discuss." 

Well shit, now I have to go down, looking down at just my robe I thought screw it, they want me down there they are going to get me as is, so I pushed back my shoulders and walked down the stairs only to find Derek, Stephen, his dad Mr. Heart and another man. I have no idea who he is but apparently, he likes the sight of me as he is smiling, and his eyes have the blackness to them when their wolves are near the surface, which I also noticed Derek wasn't in a great mood not towards me as he smiled a genuine smile at me but the others, I could tell was not a good thing all these Alphas were together.

 Derek walked over once I reached the bottom stairs and he held out his hand for me to take which I did without thinking about it, it just felt natural for us no matter what we did. "Mr. Heart, Stephen and I am sorry I don't know who you are?" 

"Let me introduce myself, my name is Eric, I am the Alpha of the west pack" Eric said as he took my other hand and kissed it. 

"Nice to meet you Eric" I told him as I gently pulled my hand away from his and made sure my side was pressed ever so slightly against Derek. I did not like the energy Eric gave off, he was not a tall man either, he was about six foot if I had to guess and a slimmer build, but he also felt sneaky and my wolf did not like him either, all she did was growl and stand there as if ready to rip him apart. 

"Why don't we go into my office and discuss this situation" Derek said as he took my hand and led the group to his office, once inside Derek sat at his desk with me on his lap and the rest of the men sat in chairs that were already around his desk in the front of it. "Let me start so that way Lori isn't wondering why we are all here on her time with Derek" Mr. Heart started.

 "You see Lori, I can understand why you dismissed Stephen, what he did and said was uncalled for especially with someone as unique and powerful as you. I am surprised he actually came home without missing a body part, with that I thank you. But unfortunately, even though you dismissed Stephen, he called on the old law that he challenges you to be your mate also, with Eric here Stephen called him in to be a contender as a mate of yours." Mr. Heart finished with a sigh. "You did what Stephen? you piece of shit" I jumped off Derek and yelled at him.

My wolf was ready to come to the surface and rip him apart finally, with seeing that Stephen jumped up and his wolf was ready to go against mine, they were at odds now and this was not going to end well.

 "Stephen, stand down" his father growled out, and with his father being Alpha still he had to listen to him. Both of us stood there staring at each other not backing down, I knew my wolf and I would never back down to him or his wolf, he was nowhere near dominate enough for us and this just proved it. 

Mr. Heart started to growl, and my wolf snorted knowing that it was not at us but at his son, she stood there not backing down, my wolf and Derek with his wolf stand up behind us giving us his power towards Stephen, showing him, Derek and I were one. Mr. Heart noticed the displace of power between Derek and I and he bowed his head slightly out of respect since this was another Alpha's territory and that we were mates. 

Eric stood up and out of the corner of my eye I was watching him, that was one man I would not ever trust. "Mr. Heart it seems that Derek and Lori are true mates as the power radiating off of them right now, I wish to withdraw my consideration as a mate for Lori" Eric said which made me question his motive at once.

 "You are free to go Eric, I am sorry my son dragged you into this, if I would have known about these two being true mates, I wouldn't have let Stephen do any of this, it is against our laws and customs." Mr. Heart said. Eric bowed slightly towards us and backed out as Derek stood there watching him from behind me.

 Eric walked out and we heard the front door shut. 

"Derek, I feel that these two apparently need to settle something between them and I really hate to have your house destroyed by my ignorant son, since neither will back down and I never want Lori to do that, she is like a daughter to me and I love her and will always support her and help her any way I can, but this I can't step in, this is between them." he said to Derek.

 "I fully agree with you Mr. Heart, I have always respected you and trusted you as why I have worked with you all these years, but unfortunately, you are right that these two need to have it out and let their wolves settle the score between them." Derek said as he rested his hand on my back. My wolf settled for a moment realizing we get to rip Stephen apart for the last time but not in the house.

"Tonight, in the clearing Stephen, I challenge you" I growled and let my power seep into my words which had everyone buckle at the knees, feeling an alpha power is one thing but when a rare female alpha issue a challenge every alpha heed the call.

 "I accept your challenge" he growled out and after that Stephen turned and walked out, showing me his back was an insult but also a sign of weakness, he broke contact first and looked away, a sign of weakness which his father saw and shook his head.

 Mr. Heart walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me and I did him as well, "I truly am sorry for this Lori, but my offer will always stand, you are a daughter to me and will always be no matter what, I look forward to spending time with you and Derek, and once you both have pups if I could be a grandfather type figure to them that would make this old man very happy" he said.

 "Mr. Heart, you are always welcomed in our home, and we would be honored to have you as our pups' grandfather, not a figure but a real grandfather to them" I said with tears in my eyes, he couldn't contain the smile on his face.

 After that he left me and Derek in Derek's office standing there. "What did I just do Derek, what is with the challenge, my wolf decided and spoke for me, and I am so lost on this," I said as I put my face into his chest and inhaled his scent so my wolf and I could calm down.