Chapter Ten

(Derek)

Damn that Lori, she is hooking up with Stephen, even though he is a powerful wolf, one that I hate to admit to, but still, I do not need her to strengthen their clan, I want her for myself and for my clan, they are starting to fall apart, and they need her more than ever now.

 But how do I break the spell between those two, she has no idea what is going on since they are leaving her in the dark but that will not be good, once her wolf decides to show herself that will freak poor Lori out to no end. 

My wolf is not happy when he sees Lori with Stephen, he keeps growling she is ours, he feels it just as I do that, she belongs with us in every way possible, after asserting my alpha commands she ignored them which only means one thing, she is our alpha female. Holy crap we have not had one in over a few hundred years. 

That is a game changer, for her wolf knows she does not need a mate, she is strong enough to stand on her own and run a pack on her own, but I cannot let that happen. I see after she left, Stephen's father had to come to his rescue. Damn it, I hate dealing with this old alpha he is so set in his ways, and he knows what is at stake, as he just saw what Lori is and he will do anything for his son to have her as his mate to run their clan once Stephen is alpha. 

I am going to have to go over to her place and see what I can find out since my wolf could smell hers coming to the surface, which only means we have a fleeting time window; the full moon will soon be on us and she will need to be mated and preform the ceremony on the full moon before every damn man who has a wolf comes sniffing around and will have their chance at winning her as a mate. 

Knocking at her door and that idiot Stephen answers, I walk in and scent the air, she's in the shower and my wolf growls, he can smell sex in the air and knows that Stephen has been with her, something doesn't feel right at this moment. So pushing past Stephen I slam open the bathroom door and pull back the shower curtain, and holy hell the woman standing before me all wet and naked is gorgeous to my eyes and my wolf wants to claim her right then and there to make her ours, until I see the bite mark on her neck that is what is wrong, Stephen has tried to mark her as his, like hell will I stand for that. 

Not realizing I was standing there staring at this beautiful woman, Stephen grabs me and pulls me out of the room, one I am glad he did because I was about to lose control and take her without delay, that would not be good, she would not forgive me for doing that to her and I need her to come to me on her own and for her wolf to accept me as a mate.

 I had to laugh with Stephen yelling at me, but since he will be an alpha soon and leader of a clan, that I work closely with, I cannot tear him to pieces yet. And here is the spit fire that I am so wanting to be my mate, she walks right up to me and starts poking my chest, my wolf is clawing at my skin to get out and bend her over and bite her to mark her and claim her, but I am trying too hard to hold him back.

 I don't hear what she is saying I know she is trying everything she can to get me out but I won't have any of that, walking up to her I grabbed her and kissed her with everything I have in me and my wolf, showing her my power is something I never have done before but with her being an alpha female and the last single female left of the werewolves, I need her and her wolf to see us as a potential mate.

 I can feel her wolf rise to the surface and scent us and she is now relaxed and sees us as a mate, which is what I needed. Her wolf needs a strong mate to stand next to her and a strong man to stand next to woman who will be running the clan and raising strong pups. Her lips are soft and her body molds into mine after she stops fighting our kiss, she let out a soft moan that only I can hear and my cock responds with being instantly hard, it is taking everything in me not to carry her away to my home and ravish her for days.

 Breaking the kiss, looking deep into her eyes and for the first time seeing her wolf right behind them, my wolf appears, and they lock on to each other, her wolf bears her neck to him to show she accepts him, now just this woman standing before me with a look of confusion I need to win over. Looking like Stephen is about to let his wolf loose, I inform them both that I will be picking Lori up in two days to bring her to my place for a week, that gives me enough time before the full moon and her wolf rises to the surface to come out and picks her mate. 

Lori just nods her head and agrees to it since she knows now what needs to be done, plus I can help her get ready for the change that is about to happen and for her wolf to accept me as a potential mate along with Stephen. Stephen growls but he knows he has no say in this as it is Lori's choice and by our laws he cannot interfere with her choices. 

Shutting the door behind me I get into my car and head back to my place to get ready for her stay, I need to make sure everything is in order, and we are not to be disturbed, I also must inform my pack that she will be showing up and they are to be on their best behavior or there will be hell to pay.

 I also must have a talk with her parents, they are not going to be happy, or they will try to claim their rights over her, which I will not let happen. Stupid people throwing her to the wind because they did not see what their daughter was. They do not deserve to be called her parents.