Chapter Twelve

Why do the birds have to be so damn cheerful in the morning, I threw a pillow at my window like it would stop them, but I also knew that it wouldn't and did not care, I was in one of those moods to where everything was making me mad than upset? 

I covered my head with my blankets and decided to shut the window and put on the fan and stay in bed for the day and sleep, not knowing what this coming week would bring had my nerves all over the place. 

Derek will end up being a great guy and I will have the best week of my life I said out loud not sure if it was more to me or for my wolf, but she was just as anxious as I was with the unknown. Funny how not to long ago I was just a girl with a job, and an apartment and nothing else, now I also have two extremely hot men after me, one being Stephen I know wants to be with me for just me, Derek on the other hand not too sure about him yet, I will have to watch and listen more closely to see if he has an end game, which I am sure he does.

 Deciding to get up was a chore the debates between myself was interesting but my stomach ended the discussion after voicing its opinion, so getting up and looking into the fridge I decided a bowl of cereal and binge watch a few movies was perfect to do for today.

Tonight, I decided I would pack, since Derek texted me to inform me on what kind of weather and an idea of what to pack, least he was thoughtful on that one, but my wolf just huffed, she was unsure about him, even though she liked and was interested in his wolf, the man on the other hand. she wasn't too sure.

 A knock on the door woke me up, damn I did not realize I was asleep on the couch for six hours, but the sleep felt good, opening the door the man gave me a vase full of wildflowers and after I signed the card, I took the flowers to the kitchen table, smelling the flowers was relaxing with all the different scents.

Taking the card out of the envelope it read, "Lori, I know this is hard on you and so out of your element I want you to know that this week will be all about you. And making sure you are comfortable; I am looking forward to getting to know you. and your wolf and hopefully you will give me a chance, so you can get to know me and my wolf, Sincerely, waiting for you. Derek" Looking at the card and how he wrote the note was a sweet thing that he did. 

Putting my bags that are filled with clothes next to the door, I took a shower that night so in the morning I would not have to worry, my nerves have gotten the best of me tonight and nothing I did was going to stop it until I was with Derek and at his home. I wonder what his home would be like, is it cold and bland with hardly any furniture, or is it soft and inviting? 

I hope I have my own room though, cause right now there is no way I will share a room with him. Getting into bed laying there not being able to sleep I kept running thoughts in my mind about how my wolf will look once she appears for the first time, will it hurt, is she happy with how things are turning out?

 I have no idea what to expect with everything but one thing that I know is that finally my life has taken on meaning that I can be a part of and enjoy, and that I am powerful and an alpha female but that last part scares the hell out of me to a point, I never pictured myself as anything like that just an ordinary girl, but old saying is true, never judge a book by its cover. 

There was a knock on the door that started me out of a sleep, one that I did not know I got but stretching, the person who is continually knocking will have to wait a moment longer. Getting up and opening the door stood Derek, I must admit that man was graced by the goddess with looks, of course he always somehow makes my wolf stir from her sleep.

 "Good morning beautiful, are you ready for a week of adventure?" he asked as he walked into my apartment, "morning and as ready as I will ever be, let me change, make yourself comfortable" I told him as I went into the bathroom to get ready.