Chapter Twenty-Eight

After all the tables were setup and the food were ready, I was about to see how things were going when Derek and the rest of the men came in. Derek walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a giant hug. 

He told the men where they could all wash up at, "I will tell everyone after dinner what is going on and what I found, but for now I want us all to relax as best we can and enjoy our dinner and our pack" he said as he kissed the top of my head. 

I nodded and took a deep breath and straighten my spine, I knew I had a big night to make sure everything was perfect, well as perfect as it could be despite the barn now gone. Once the men were back and everyone had gathered around Derek and I. "Okay everyone since plans have changed with where the party was going to be at, we are going to have it here in the house.

 There is no seating arrangement and being short notice, we have tables and chairs everywhere, so you can sit anywhere you may like" I said smiling at everyone. Making sure I did not show any signs of uncertainty, I walked over to Trisha and gave her the okay to have the group of ladies being out the food onto the tables that were set up buffet style.

 I sat next to Derek listening to him talk to the families that were sitting with us, his beta was sitting on his other side along with his wife and three children. I noticed everyone seemed relaxed and having a good time.

 I could feel everyone's emotions running through the link that connected us all and it made me smile how everyone got along and loved being in this pack and they were happy that Derek and I had found each other and were mated. After the meal was done and everyone gathered out into the back yard so that way Derek could have everyone's attention at once. 

"As you all know our barn has burnt down, the cause of the fire was intentional. The loft was set on fire by a lantern, yet I have a few suspicions, but I will keep that to myself as of right now, but I do not want anyone going around blaming or asking questions" Derek spoke loud enough and put his alpha force into effect. 

Everyone agreed with what Derek had said and bid us a good night and loved the party despite what had gone on earlier that day. Walking into the house I went about to clean up, but Derek grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. "That my love can wait till morning sometime, me, well I can't wait for I want my wife in bed and naked and on top of me" he whispered as he picked me up and carried me to our bed.

 "You have got to be kidding me" pulling the covers over my head, there were tons of people downstairs cleaning, and I so did not want to get out of bed. Looking over at the clock it was only six am, I could hear Derek chuckle as he pulled me into his arms.

 I must have fallen asleep, next time I looked at the clock it was ten am and I felt a tad more rested but still did not want to move, the house was quiet, and I saw that Derek was not in bed with me, knowing that man he was already working on the barn.

 Deciding to take a shower before I started the day, I made sure I had everything and took a nice long hot shower, after getting dressed walking down the stairs I noticed everything was clean and no dishes or tables were anywhere.

 I walked into the kitchen and noticed it was sparkling clean, looking around I knew what those women had done, "yep I am going to have to treat those women to a spa day for all of this", I whispered. 

"I don't think so my child, this is what we do, and you are just going to have to deal with it" Trisha said laughing as she made me breakfast and a cup of tea, I wanted coffee, but Trisha said it was not good for the babies till after I ate something. 

Sitting there eating, I noticed Trisha had a look on her face, "thank you for breakfast but what's with the worried look on your face?" I asked between bites. "Lori, I am not sure but one of our pack members started the fire, and that is scary because it could have spread to the house, I know Derek said not to talk about it, but I think I'm safe to discuss it with the other alpha" she said sipping on her coffee. 

She was right, she could discuss issues with me since I was the other half of the alpha pair. I was worried to but how do I say something like that and not show it as a weakness. Somedays things are just too complicated. 

Derek walked in and smiled when he saw me and Trisha sitting at the breakfast table, "My two favorite ladies enjoying their morning, I like seeing that" he said as he walked over and kissed the top of my head. "Alpha, I know you said not to talk about it with any of the members, but I want to address my concerns to you and the alpha female" Trisha said. I have never heard the formal tone in her voice before.

 Derek looked at her for a moment and realized she was being serious; he nodded and grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down with us at the table. 

"Okay Trisha, what is your concern?" he said. "I am worried about Lori with that fire being set intentional and it was so close to the house, and it was from a pack member, I am just worried about her safely and the babies" she said looking directly at Derek. 

He sat there for a few moments while sipping his coffee, figuring out a way to talk about this. "I understand your concerns about my mate and our babies, and I appreciate that Trisha, but it wasn't a pack member who set the fire, it was Mr. Heart who set it, wanting to get back at us for killing his only son."

 Derek said I sat there with my mouth gapped open.

 "Mr. Heart did this?" I asked not believing it but somewhere I knew Derek would never lie about anything and the look he gave me was one of sadness and only acknowledgement I got was a once of the nod of his head.