Chapter Twenty-Five

As the minister went on about the matters of marriage, I could not help but look into the eyes of my mate, I was so happy there was a breeze as my eyes were threating to let loose the flood gates.

 All these years I thought I was worthless and would not ever meet anyone, yet here I stand marring the most handsome, kind, generous, affectionate man that the goddess chose for me. 

"Now this part is where Derek and Lori have decided to write their own vows," the minister said. Derek looked so nervous it was cute seeing this man be that way with me, he was showing a rare side of himself that most have never seen. 

Everyone that was in attendance for this was silent. 

"My beautiful Lori, the first time I saw you my wolf knew instantly that you were his mate, and he would not give up telling me that we needed to meet you. I was so nervous that day, you were smiling with your one friend at work in the morning drinking your coffee, and you looked my way and had that shy smile you have when you are too nervous to say anything. 

When our eyes locked onto each other I knew at once that you were our mate, you were to be my better half and to help guide me in this lifetime into the next. I know I was stubborn, and bull headed on a lot of things, but it was because we knew the goddess herself made you for us and I wasn't going to ever let that go." 

"Now you Lori" the minister spoke. 

"My dearest Derek, that day I locked eyes on you, my heart stopped. I could not breathe and that made me nervous, I never had anything like that happen before. I had no idea that I had a wolf inside of me who was to become one of the most important part of who I am. But once you declared that we were to spend the week together my wolf was so happy.

 I could not figure out why. I knew you were stubborn and yes bull headed but that also attracted me to you, I needed a man/wolf who was my equal, and who I knew I could trust and rely on in any situation that would show up. I know now why my wolf was so happy, for you Derek was and will forever be our mate in this lifetime and in the next" I said with tears in my eyes.

 I wanted to be his wife and mate forever and nothing was ever going to get in the way of that. Derek was standing there beaming with pride at me, we exchanged rings and once the minister pronounced us spouses, he picked me up and as I wrapped my arms around him, we locked our lips together. 

Everyone started clapping and laughing and hollering congratulations at us as we started to walk down the aisle. I could not stop my smile and holding onto Derek's hand as we walked towards the area for pictures Trisha ran up beside me.

 Give me five minutes with your bride as she needs a touch up on her makeup, she said as she whisked me away a few feet away as she started blotting and dabbing things on my face, I noticed the tears were threating to fall from her eyes as she fixed my face for the pictures. "You are perfect for Derek my dear, I am so thankful the goddess finally was letting you both get together." 

I looked at her wondering what she meant by that but had no time now as she was finished the photographer called out for me and I was whisked away into thirty minutes of pictures and multiple poses with everyone. 

Once we were finished with pictures, we went into the barn where everyone was gathered cheering at us once we entered. I looked up at Derek and saw the pride that was on his face as he stood there holding onto my hand looking at all the faces of his pack and seeing how happy they all were for him and for us. 

The reception flew by, it was getting close to midnight, and everyone started to gather outside in the clearing watching Derek and I walk into the middle of the clearing with the whole pack surrounding us forming a protective circle. 

Once it was midnight and the moon was fully upon us, holding hands Derek smiled and looked up at the moon, it was strange as he spoke a language I have never heard before I felt a tingling and the moon shown down upon us as if she held a spotlight just on Derek and me. 

Derek looked down at me and whispered "Mate", I looked into his eyes and my wolf came to the front and whispered "Mate" back to him, within moments we were wolves and so was the whole pack. Derek howled and the rest followed suit along with him, but I noticed it was just the males.

 Once they were done Derek's wolf nodded to me and my wolf howled a note so sweet than all the females followed my suit with their howls. 

The males joined in, and it was perfect harmony. The moon shown brighter down on us, and a click happened along with a tingling feeling. My eyes looked at every single member of the pack, I could hear their thoughts in my head, and they all yipped and barked, jumping around realizing the goddess had fully blessed our union and now I was their alpha female fully. We ran for a few hours then Derek took me to a stream, and we changed back, he picked me up and took me into the water, it was warm.

 "It is connected to the spring that runs from under the hills, this pool of water will always be warm." Derek than kissed me with so much passion I wrapped my arms and legs around him and we ended up having sex at once in the water, I did not care who saw or heard. I was with my husband and mate and we both marked each other on the neck as we came together sealing our vows and mating ceremony.

 Derek and I made our way back to our house, I smiled once we saw Trisha had put candles and flower petals all over our room, that woman was the sweetest person alive. I was going to have to thank her tomorrow for everything she has done. 

"Don't you worry about that my dear child, go and enjoy a night with your new husband and mate" I stood there forgetting I was now linked to every member of this pack, I hit my head with the back of my hand one of those duh moments, which got Derek laughing. 

"Sweetheart you will learn to tune out most and to turn off the link, but for now I will shut it down for the both of us," he said as he kissed my neck and worked his way down undoing my robe and we ravished each other for the rest of the night.