A Queen to Be

Before we start, I would like to address something. This story has been heavily modified. In the last series, it took place after the books. In this, basically everything has changed.

Sophie won't be your normal Sophie. And... really no one, for that matter. Ages and backstory are changed, feelings, even the villains. (Don't worry, Keefe isn't evil in this one, I promise.) That also includes personalities. You guys often commented on how "Keefe would never do that!" and things like that in All Because of Biana and In the Future.

Also, All Because of Biana was originally named All Because of Keefe but changed after I wrote the second chapter. But now you can't say that "SOPHIE ISNT LIKE THAT!" Since everything here is pretty much brand new.

Anyway, I thought I would make that clear before we move on.

Thank you for being excited about this new story and I hope you enjoy it because I'm setting a minimum of 2k words per chapter and putting a lot of thought and effort into each chapter. (starting after this one.)

I present to you all, Becoming Royal.

Sophie Elizabeth Foster was found at the age of four by her new adoptive parents. She had been living with humans her entire life, unaware of the magic of the world she now lived in.

Her human parents left her on a porch of a grand castle, slaughtered shortly after. They were killed for housing an elf, a creature they feared and cowered from.

Sophie was only three when she discovered she could read the minds of others.

Eventually, she was found by the Dutch and Dutchess of a Kingdom called Havenfield.

For a four-year-old, Sophie remembered everything that had happened, even if the royal family she was adopted into tried to tell her otherwise. She had a photographic memory, after all.

While growing up in her new world, she met her adoptive cousin, Dex Dizznee. He was slightly younger than her and had a dream of becoming a night in the royal guard of some kingdom.

She lived with her new family for fourteen years. Everything seemed picture-perfect. However, even after more than a decade, she had trouble adjusting to her elven life. But her family loved her and gave her much freedom.

Well, she didn't act like a princess, and everyone knew that, but Sophie could act. The subjects of the Kingdom of Havenfield often complained that she was not a worthy heir to the throne.

She and her parents faced this issue the entire time they took care of her.

However, a week after her eighteenth birthday, they called for a meeting.

"The maids will be there shortly to help you get ready for the night's events." Grady, her father, told Sophie that evening.

Sophie had long, straight, and blonde hair. Unusually brown eyes, and a pale complexion. She couldn't pass as the Dutch and Dutchess's daughter because of the differences.

Dragged out of her thoughts, a swarm of maids walked into her large room, holding dresses and makeup.

They set to work, giving Sophie a lattice braid, a braid that started from one side of her head to the other and blended into a normal braid.

The remaining hair was curled into beach waves.

Her dress was a warm shade of red. It featured off the shoulder sleeves with a veil connected and flowing down to past her waist. The skirt of the gown fanned out and reached the floor.