MR. CONFUSED

"Her smile made his eyes light up but her words crushed his soul

"Her smile made his eyes light up but her words crushed his soul."

• • •

As soon as Gabriel reached Mystic Falls he drove right into the Salvatores drive way. Casually getting out of the car as he fixes his sun glasses on top of his head.

Anyone would be awe struck at first glance. He truly was a sight to see. Those who did know him said he was the most handsome Mikaelson out of them all.

Not even bothering to knock he opens the door to see Elena Gilbert and Damon Salvatores head snap towards him in alarm.

"Great now we have a Mikaelson in town. What more could happen?" Damon sarcastically quips, throwing his hands up in annoyance.

Rolling his eyes Gabriel's eyes drift towards Elena. "Where is Caroline?"

"At the hospital with her mom." Elena's mood turns solemn as she recalls Caroline begging them to give Liz vampire blood.

Nodding his head he turns around to leave when Elena calls his name warily. "Caroline's in denial, but it's only a matter of time before... I know we never got along but I think you're the only one who could possibly get her through this."

"We never got along because you killed both of my brothers. Feel lucky you're still alive at my mercy." He replies with a stony face at the reminder of his brother's deaths.

Parking outside of the hospital Gabriel's heart slowly beats a bit faster at the thought of seeing Caroline Forbes.

He loved Caroline with all his heart and truly saw a future for them. But the timing was never right and she still had a lot of growth and maturing he knew she needed to do. Unfortunately he had a feeling her mother's death would be part of that.

But he moved on, his little wolf was waiting for him at home. He smiled inwardly as he thought about the brunette and her rosy cheeks whenever he bluntly complimented her. He had a pregnant she wolf at home and nothing would stop him from returning to her.

There was a little voice in his head that said he'd never really stop loving Caroline in that way. That there was always a part of him that wished she was his future. But the rest of him yearned for Hayley Marshall. He would give his all to that woman.

Walking through the halls he's blown out of his thoughts by a familiar yell. "Stop you're going to kill her!"

Speeding towards the room he saw Caroline on the ground in pain from what he assumed was an aneurism and a brunette male syphoning from Elizabeth Forbes.

He saw red.

With a twist of his hand the male was passing out onto the floor of the hospital in a deep sleep.

Caroline's shouts ceased as she stared at Kai in confusion before lifting her head towards the only other person in the room.

Time froze for her and her breath hitched. He came. She didn't know if she was doubting him or not but some part of her knew he'd come. She knew she didn't deserve it, she practically called him and his family all monsters.