nine

Yoongi had waited for three hours inside the boiling black leather of his car.

Three hours he watched cars pass by.

Three hours he continuously looked at his girls house.

Three hours of pure horror and a never ending pit in his stomach.

7:00.

Now was the time. He had fifteen minutes.

Looking around the road, his eyes scanning for any sign of the blue mustang that was driven by the infamous Akela and always had a panic attack when he'd see a car pass by the front of her house.

7:05.

Biting his lip, he stared at the side of the house, he never felt so impatient in his life. The minutes seemed to go so slowly, his head beginning to hurt from the worry of getting to 7:15 and she wouldn't be in his car.

7:06.

His fists clenched the steering wheel so hard his knuckles turned white. How did Akela even get money to phone in her parents? How did he even get the grant? This is Akela you idiot...he can trick anybody into anything...Yoongi pondered, rubbing his eyes.

7:10.

As the time neared, the more faith he lost that she got out of the set up date. He couldn't handle imagining if he brought a hidden weapon...you could never tell what he was going to do. Yoongi looked out the side of the car window. The tension grew inside of him. What if Akela's already inside the house? What if he's already manipulated her parents in person? What if he's already tried to kiss her? Or tried to stab her? Yoongi shivered. He couldn't imagine Akela being close to Saeyoon.

7:14.

Panic rose in his veins. Where is she? His impatience was beginning to get worse, Akela had to be in her room. Where is she if he wasn't? He uneasily jittered, staring at the field where she should be running from to him.

7:15.

And no Saeyoon.

He felt the rage burn deep inside of him. Akela was with her. He had her. She was probably scared for her life, and Yoongi cursed himself for not being there to go help her.

7:16.

He undid his seatbelt, turning off his car, he pulled on the handle, only a door opened next to him and slammed as another body got inside.

Turning to them, Saeyoon looked at him, heavily breathing from the run. He nearly fainted. It didn't take another moment before their lips came together, her hands slotting into his hair as he cupped her face under her jaw, the pure worry and panic being released as the kiss got harder, his hand going to the nape of her neck. They didn't part for a minute.

Eventually, they needed air, pulling away and breathing heavily, Yoongi cupped her face as she pulled her hands from his hair. "Oh my god what took so long? I got worried sick!" Yoongi gasped. "I'm sorry, I nearly got stuck on the window." She explained, he nodded, kissing the tip of her nose before littering her face in kisses. "Okay okay whoa whoa...you have some explaining to do." She smiled, pulling away from him.

"Mm?"

"Who is Akela? Why is he so bad?"

"Akela..." he sighed, leaning back onto his side of the car as they both got comfortable in the seats, "he's known on the west side for being very...abusive...he's one of the scariest people there, he threatens women and kills anybody who dares come in his way. He also kills people my roommates and I care about, he tries to...get close with them...and then kill them...one my roommates, Sookjae, has a cousin, pretty girl, she's the only one Sookjae cares about anymore, and the only reason Akela hasn't been able to kill the girl is because Sookjae's insanely over protective of her, and Akela knows Sookjae won't hesitate to kill him back, all in all, he's a manipulator, and a really bad person, and I don't want him to harm you." Yoongi looked at her, Saeyoon nodded slowly. "I can protect myself you know." She smiled. Yoongi chortled, shaking his head. "Not against him."

They sat in the silence once again, not moving a muscle as they stared awkwardly at the dash. Finally, Saeyoon perked up. "Well, I should probably go back inside before it gets to dark out." She smiled, Yoongi focused his gaze on her. "Really? You never care about being out late."

"I'm always sleeping during the day and my parents are worried about it, I need to sleep anyway." She waved, opening the car door and getting out. "Right...I can walk you back-"

"No, stay here, my parents are in the yard and I don't want them to spot you." She leaned into the car, he nodded, letting her back out, the car door closed and her figure disappeared from the window. He sat there, not sure of what to do.

Pulling out a cigarette, he propped open his window and lit it, the cigarette staining into his gums as the evening air gently blew his bangs from his eyes, the remaining sunlight casting a hasty glow onto his skin, his dark irises lit up, staring out into the wheat field next to the road, blinking the smoke from his eyelashes with every puff.

Tragic, but beautiful.