twelve

Resting against the bars, Yoongi stared blankly out into the sheriffs covered room. He couldn't think. Couldn't move. What was there to do? He rotted in self boredom for hours.

He regretted going back to her house after the first time he met her. What was he thinking? To go venturing with a rich girl? She's easily manipulated.

No, Akela's a manipulator. He reminded himself, none of this was Saeyoon's fault, this was all Akela. And the lies he told.

The front of the jail opened, attracting Yoongi'a attention to it as a tall, muscular, dark browned haired man walked inside. Yoongi felt his heart pound.

Sookjae spoke with the sherif quietly, Yoongi didn't like Sookjae, but he appreciated that Sookjae had his back, always. And knew how to get out these situations. (For Sookjae has been arrested seventeen times).

Nothing happened, so Yoongi scooted to the back of the cell, pressing his head against the wall.

"You're a young gun, whatcha doin here?" A hoarse voice asked, Yoongi looked to the cell on his right, a much older man, possibly fifty, smiled a toothy grin at him. "Because I fell for a girl while living with a maniac." Yoongi mumbled. "Ah, the same old love story eh? You fell for the girl, girl is rich, guy ruins it, that jazz?"

Yoongi stared at him, slightly shocked. "Uhh...yeah...how'd you know?" Yoongi tilted his head, the man laughed a cackley old laugh. "I went through the same thing."

"Why are you here?" Yoongi asked this time, the man looked out at the sheriff. "Blagh...bastards didn't like that I trespassed on Berry Land, not a big deal, since I owned the place, but they don't believe me." He scowled at the sherif who was busy in chat with Sookjae. "Oh...sorry..." Yoongi looked down, not that he cared about the old mans issues.

"Nah, don't worry about me, you gotta worry about getting out of here, go chase after that girl." He smiled, Yoongi tilted his head. "How do I chase after a girl who hates me?"

"If she really loved you, then she's easily reasoned with." He shrugged, Yoongi thought for a minute, staring at the ground. He got an idea, looking up and down the row of cells. Each one occupied. He looked back at Sookjae and smirked.

"Thanks for the chat, I gotta go." Yoongi whispered, getting up, "hey officer!" Yoongi called out. The sheriff turned to him. "You know, Sookjae has one unpressed charge for spray painting a white fence in the riches side of town!" Yoongi ignored Sookjae's flabbergasted face as he continued the eye contact with the sheriff. "Where would we put him?" The sherif asked, looking at Sookjae and grabbing his arm so he couldn't get away. "I didn't spray paint the wall, so why would I be here?" Yoongi shrugged testingly. The sheriff nodded, looking at Sookjae before quickly tackling him.

Yoongi allowed another officer to unlock his cell, watching as the sheriff pulled Sookjae to his feet and slam him against Yoongi's jail cell, he smirked, seeing Sookjae's peeved face. "You fucking asshole..." Sookjae muttered, but broke a small smile seeing Yoongi's casual smirk. "Go get her." He whispered, Yoongi smiled, Sookjae being shoved into the cell as Yoongi was pulled out. "Get out of here kid, don't get yourself in trouble again." The sheriff hissed, pushing him outside of the office.

He didn't really know how he went from sitting in a jail cell to being out in the open world again, but he wasn't complaining.

But he wasn't going to go back to Saeyoon. Yet.