Chapter 4 - Farewell

Hikari POV

Walking close behind Zuko, he calls out for Iroh, as we walk out the forest of bamboo I notice some red clothes handing on a tree. Already closing my eyes, I listen as Iroh and Zuko talk. After their little talk, Zuko agreed that Iroh has to meet us on the ship in half an hour.

Leaving with Zuko, silence fills in the air between us. Not really knowing what to speak about I hum a tune. Then a thought comes to mind. "Zuko, I know were busy but can we train together sometime? Maybe not now but when you're free?"

He looks at me, face hard, frown deep, he nods, "Sure, you and I can spar sometimes."

I smile, "Great!"

Having a pip in my step, we continue our journey, finally making it back to the ship. An hour goes by, starting to get worried Zuko and I head back out with some guards to find Iroh. As the sun goes down we finally make it to the bathing area.

Zuko notices a pile of rocks, looking at the uneven patterns I shake my head. "This wasn't a landslide, they didn't move naturally."

Zuko nods glaring at the rock, "My Uncles been captured by Earthbenders."

Returning to the ship, Zuko picks up a Rhino, leaving the other soldiers behind. Getting on behind him I keep my arm around his waist so I won't fall off. Continuing our search the sun rises, through the dawn we find a path. Riding down it I notice something on the road, "Zuko! Look!"

Riding closer we get down, only to see a sandal, sniffing it he gags. "Yup, that's Uncle Iroh."

I giggle at his reaction, getting back on the Rhino we continue our journey down the path with ease. From the corner of my eye, I see something flying in the sky, Zuko sees it too. He glares at it, "The Avatar."

He's about to turn around but he stops looking at the animal tracks on the ground.

"Zuko?"

Thinking for a moment, we continue to ride the path, as the sun goes down I see the animal carriers up ahead. Getting off the Rhino we rush down the pit. While Zuko kicks the boulder I melt Iroh's chains.

"Excellent job Prince Zuko, Hikari."

I smile while Zuko smirks, "You taught me well."

We get into a fighting stance, surrounded.

"Surrender yourselves, it's 5 against 3 you're clearly outnumbered."

I smile, "Ah, that's true, but you are clearly outmatched."

Starting there attack I focus on close range while Iroh and Zuko focus on distance. Kicking and punching I take two out. As I dodge the rocks being thrown my way, I see one coming from behind from the corner of my eye. Using my white flames I push it aside, quickly knocking out the Earthbender as Zuko and Iroh finish off the last one.

Smiling a bit Zuko asks, "Now will you please find some clothes?"

Leaving, we head to the direction of the flying fluffy thing that we saw earlier. Zuko gets some intel once we return to the ship. We quickly sail off to our next destination. Standing next to Iroh he tries to talk some sense into Zuko, "Sailing into Fire Nations waters, of all the foolish things you've done in your 16 years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish."

"I have no choice, uncle."

"Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you? What if you're caught?"

He looks back at him, "I'm chasing the Avatar. My father will understand why I'm returning home."

"You give him too much credit. My brother is not the understanding type."