Chapter 25 - Trash

(Don't Own Picture Below!)

Hikari POV

My peaceful slumber ends with the sound of an explosion, shooting up with Zuko we quickly get dressed. Running out with Ro to see what's going on. Seeing rocks fall from the ceiling I push Katara out of the way, "Watch out!"

She glares at me, "What are you doing?"

"Making sure you don't die."

"Ok, I'm fine now, get off."

Standing up, we run off, Zuko looks at me, "I'll hold them off."

I shake my head, "Zuko, let me stay and help you please."

He holds my cheek, "Go."

As Aang pushes me back, they get Appa in the tunnel. I try to run after him but the rest stop me. Deciding to split up since Appa won't be able to get in the tunnel I join Aang and the others through flight. With Ro staying close, I turn to see Zuko standing on an aircraft. While Katara and I take down the flames being shot at us Appa continues his path.

Seeing Zuko fall I call out, "Ro now!"

He quickly goes over to Zuko, raising him up just in time. Landing on Appa we watch as Azula falls only to save herself just in time. Once Zuko's comfortable I frown at him, smacking his arm, "Don't be so reckless, you almost gave me a heart attack."

Finally finding a safe place we set up camp, sitting around the fire. Aang smiles, "Wow, camping... it really seems like old times again, doesn't it?"

Zuko speaks up, "If you really want it to feel like old-time, I could, uh... chase you around awhile and try to capture you."

We laugh at his joke, Katara laughs as well but not as happy as the others. Sokka raises his cup, "To Zuko. Who knew after all those times he tried to snuff us out today he'd be our hero."

We raise our cups minus Katara, "Hear hear."

"I'm touched. I don't deserve this."

Katara glares at him, "Yeah, no kidding."

She then stands and leaves, Zuko follows her out to talk to her. 'I hope she can put her hatred aside.'

Later on that night I lay down, thinking about the past I slowly fall asleep missing the warmth of Zuko next to me. The next morning I hang around with Ro, looking up I see Zuko and Katara packed to go somewhere.

Watching how everything unfolds, it seems that Katara is looking for revenge, and Zuko's helping her get it. While Aang and Sokka were against it, walking over I end this. "Aang, Sokka, let them go."

Everyone looks surprised by my words, "If this is when she feels like she needs, then let her go. Let her dance with the double-edged sword, it's her choice and her choice alone. They're going to take Appa anyway so there's no point in stopping them."

Katara glares at me but nods, while Aang and Sokka give me a questionable look. At nightfall, Zuko and she get on Appa while Aang tries to convince her to change her mind. Watching them leave, I look at Aang and Sokka. "She won't go through with it, she won't have the heart to."

Days go by, handing out with Aang we spend our time either sparing or meditating. After some time they return, with Katara having an open mind to forgiveness and lessened hatred. She even apologized to me for her recent behavior but I already forgave her.

The next day we relocate, moving to Ember Island while staying in Zuko's old family house. As Zuko and Aang train, taking a break we decide to see a play about Aang's journey. Zuko agrees, "We can go but Hikari you need to blend in a little more, especially if we're going to a play that has yourself in it. You're going to stand out in all white."

I nod, getting up he pulls me along, "Follow me, I have something for you."

Leading us to an empty bedroom he hands me some red attire, "I'll wait out here while you change."

Nodding he leaves, taking my time I slip on the long dress, putting on the shoes that matched with it.

Walking out I smile, at Zuko, "So what do you think?" His mouth drops a bit making me chuckle, "Well? Let's go~"

Walking in front of him we make our way to the entrance where everyone is waiting. Giving my thanks to the small compliments I received we walk towards town for a night at the theater. Sitting between Zuko and Aang we watch the distorted play.

Starting with there first meeting and Katara "tear-bending" I notice that Aang's a girl in the play. Then came the introduction to Zuko and Iroh, similar to the Avatar they bump into an ice mountain. While making punchlines about cake and the Avatar, my character seems to be a bit on the quiet side. Claiming that she's just a ghost in the world of war.

Making Zuko seem like the die-hard bad boy, they started to make the actor Zuko say cheesy pickup-lines that make my character fake laugh. Laughing my own butt off at the stretched truth. As the story continues, we laugh and groan in some spots of the story.

Soon Toph came into the picture, only to be a big buff man in the play. Making us laugh at the sight, Toph seems to like her character more than ever. I almost died when Zuko flipped his hair, the sight of it made my cheeks hurt a bit too much.

In the crystal cave, they protrade Zuko betraying his country for me. Making it seem like I seduced him with my charming exotic ways. Lowkey was a bit offended but I bushed it off. The play soon ended, with the Firelord winning.

Will everyone's down except for Zuko, Toph, and I, we soon left giving the final conclusion that the play was trash.