Chapter 5 - The Port

No POV

As Zuko and Hikari stand next to each other, the silence between them is thick yet clear. She speaks up, "Zuko."

He looks at her as she rubs the warm egg, "I remember, my past, where I'm from, you."

He stays quiet letting her continue, "I'm from the spirit world, and was sent here. When I was younger, I used to watch over the people of this world. Helping where I can, one time I was watching a battle between father and son. Both angry at the father and worried about the son I watched as the father tried to him. Doing the impossible, I push the boy away, but not fast enough, leaving a scar on his eye."

Zuko's eyes widen at the story, putting together that she was talking about him. "From then on I watched over the boy until I decided to come down and meet him myself. Even though he was a bit crabby, his heart ached but his hope and will strong. So I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to stay with you."

Looking at Zuko, tears stream down his face. Quickly wiping them away he nods, making her smile as she pulls him into a warm hug. "You'll never be alone."

After some time they return to the main ship, as we walk on the ship Zuko looks over to her. "Wanna train?"

Hikari's eyes sparkle, nodding vigorously, "I'll meet you at the deck! I have to get something!"

Nodding at her she runs to her room, picking up a pillow before rushing out. She places the pillow next to the door, allowing the egg to rest peacefully. Looking over at the deck she sees Zuko in his training gear. Look at her, he switches into his battle stance. He speaks up, "Remind me to get you some clothes at the next stop."

She shrugs her shoulders, then they attack each other. While Hikari usually doesn't use her bending she made an exception. The two block and attack each other in perfect sync. As they do the boat tilts a bit to the right, thankfully she rushes over and grabs the egg before it can move.

Zuko looks up at the control center, "Someones changing our course."

The two walk-up the tower, with Zuko obviously pissed. "What's the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course."

Iroh's voice speaks up, "Actually, someone did. I assure you, it is a matter of utmost importance, Prince Zuko."

"Is it something to do with the Avatar?"

"Even more urgent. It seems I--I've lost my lotus tile."

Hikari tilts her head, "Lotus tile? I guess that's pretty important."

Iroh nods, "For my Pai Sho game, most people think the lotus tile is insignificant. But it is essential for the unusual strategy that I employ."

Hikari nods in understanding, while Zuko tries to clarify.

"You changed our course for a stupid Lotus Tile?"

"See, you, like most people, underestimate its value. Just give me 10 minutes to check the merchants at this port. Hopefully, they'll have the lotus tile in stock. Plus Hikari needs some more clothes besides her white kimono, especially if she wants to train with you."

Zuko exhales steam making Iroh smile, "I'm lucky to have such an understanding nephew."

Grabbing Zuko's arm, Hikari grabs his attention, "Everything will be fine, so far the Avatar will be continuing north and they will need to stop at some time too. Who knows, maybe we'll find him."

He starts to calm down, appreciating Hikari's words and logical advice. After some time they finally stop at the port, giving Hikari some money she leaves them to look for some clothes. After some looking, she buys some undergarments and a small bag for the egg to safely rest in.