Chapter 15 - Let Him Go

Hikari POV

Ever since we left the town in the desert Zuko and I have been following his sister Azula. Feeling worried about the journey ahead, I watch as Ro flys peacefully next to us. Seeing a train of white fur and the tracks from the metal tank, we decide to follow the fur.

As we get closer, Ro hides in my bag once the trail of fur thins. Getting off the horse Zuko makes himself known, as Azula asks Aang if he would like to fight her.

"Yes. I really do."

Rushing over to Aang, I see the bags hanging from his eyes. Standing in front of him I turn to give him a small smile. Although tired, he returns it as we watch the battle before us.

"I was wondering when you'd come Zu-Zu"

Aang and I look at them, "Zu-Zu?

"Back off, Azula. He's mine."

She gets in her fighting stance, "I'm not going anywhere."

As their movements change Aang and I get in a fighting stance as well. The battle quickly shifted on who would get the Avatar to fighting Azula. As we attacked from a distance, white, blue, and red flames danced as the air moved around us. While Azula corners Aang the water bender jumps in just in time. Returning to Zuko, Iroh and I help him up as we find the ongoing battle with more members than before.

Cornering Azula, we stay on guard.

"Well, look at this. Enemies and traitors all working together. I'm done. I know when I'm beaten. You got me. A Princess surrenders with honor." Not taking her word truthfully she shoots Iroh, "NO!"

We all attack her at once, which only lead to an explosion causing the broken down town to burn. Wasting no time I run over to Iroh, "No! Please! No!"

I start to cry as I hold the old man up, Zuko grows frustrated as the others crowd around us. Tears falling from my eyes, Zuko glares at them, "GET AWAY FROM US!"

"Zuko, I can he-"

"LEAVE!"

He uses his flames to drive them away, "Zuko help me!"

As they run off he helps me bring him to an empty home. Sucking all the flames like I once did in Kyoshi Island, so the fire won't spread. We use the supplies we have to wrap him up in bandages. After some time his breaths start to even out and he slowly regains conscience.

"Iroh?"

"Uncle, you were unconscious."

I nod, "Azula did this to you. It was a surprise attack."

He sits up slowly, I quickly go to his side to help him up, "Somehow that's not so surprising."

Zuko hands him a cup a tea, something he made himself claiming that he wanted to do it on his own. "I hope I made it the way you like."

Iroh sips the tea only to make a weird face, "Hmm, good."

I hold back a laugh, he tries to take the rest down but he gags. "That was very, um, bracing."

Giving him another cup he tosses the tea out the window making me snicker. Zuko continues to speak, "It's only a matter of time before I run into Azula again. I'm going to need to know more advanced Firebending if I'm going to stand a chance against her. I know what you're gonna say: She's my sister and I should be trying to get along with her."

He puts down his empty cup, "No. She's crazy, and she needs to go down."

I nod in agreement, surprising Zuko, Iroh stands, "It's time to resume your training."