Chapter 3 - The deal.

Iroh knew why you gave a nod. 

"Well, its a few days ride to the fire nation. I will be back in a few hours and have another meal with you." He says and leaves, leaving the items in case you wanted more. He then walked back to his room and sat on his bed. He didn't like the fact that they placed her in that huge cell like she was dangerous. He looked at his sons portrat and took it. 

"Oh, son. What would you do in a time like this?" He asked with tears. He then remebered how his son would always show him off to the others in the fire nation and smiled. He then stood, placing the picture down and walked to the helm again. 

He knew what to do. 

~With you~ 

You watched him leave and you ran to your bed. You were looking for anything that had anything to do with dirt but you found nothing. You sat on your bed and sighed. This whole place was metal. You moved and laid on the bed. 

"Mom...Dad..." You whisper before you curl up and fell asleep crying. You only woke when the door opened and you looked. It was Iroh. He had food and a picture. You sat up and looked at him. He then put down two plates of food and poured some tea and placed the picture facing the wall to the left before he smiles at you. 

"Come on and have dinner with my son and I (y/n)." He says. You move from the bed and sit in front of your plate and you look at the picture. 

"This is Lu Ten." He says. You smile a bit. 

"He seems nice. For being fire nation that is." You say. Iroh smiles and sips his tea. 

"He was. You seem nice also. For being water tribe that is." He says. You frown and look down. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to offend." You say. Iroh smiles. 

"No offence taken. Now, let us all eat and have an after dinner stroll." He says. You nod and eat. It was very good. Once finished, he put the dishes on the tray and stands, leaving the picture. 

"Come (y/n). I wish to ask you something." He says. You stand and follow him. You see many soldiers and get closer to him as you reach the outside and see its night now. 

"The nights on the sea can be so calming. Just look at that sky." He says and you look. It was like back at home. The stars looked to be dancing because there were so many. 

"I know why they took you (y/n)." Iroh says as he sits on the ground. You look at him as he looks at you. 

"Back in the fire nation, Children are taken and raised to be servants for my family. I do not wish that for you." He says. You look back up at the sky. 

"But I have no choice. I can't take down the fire nation." You said. Iroh nods. 

"Your right, you can't but if I train you and take you under my wing, maybe you can get revenge on the ones who did take you and did that to your village." Iroh says. You look at him with shock. 

"B-but..." You say and Iroh grabs you and pulls you into a hug. 

"We both lost someone. This will help us heal." He says. You start to cry and you hug him before you nod. He moves you and wipes your tears but you see he has tears. You wipe his.

"Come (y/n). Lets get you to bed." He says and stands before he picks you up. He walks into his room and places you on the bed. 

"Sleep. I have to talk to the captain. Stay here OK." He says. You nod and lay down before you fall asleep. He walks from the room to the cell, grabbing the tray and his sons picture. He walks to the helm, letting a soldier take the tray and he holds his sons picture. 

"You know keeping her won't replace your son." Yon says. Iroh looks at him. 

"And I won't replace her parents but with me she can get revenge." Iroh says. Yon looks at him. 

"You think she can hurt me? Please." He says. Iroh smiles. 

"No. I believe she can kill you." He says and walks from the room. All he wanted to do was let him know that.