Writing Challenge Day 6

Day 6 - single and happy

Thinking of this makes me think of myself, i have been single and happy for years now and it is peaceful and simple. But for today I think I am going at this a different way.  Have you ever looked a a large field, many dandelions growing just a slash of
Yellow nothing noticeable it just blends into the landscape,but take a single yellow dandelion standing tall and alone in my neighbors yard. While I know it won't be there long it makes me happy to see the sting single flower fighting for its life. Being single and alone in the morning dew it looked so perfect this morning. There are so many things about being unique that makes me happy. Single can also mean one of a kind. Much like myself you will never find another like me.  Yet in my uniqueness is where I find my happiness. In standing out in a crowd.
For years I have dyed my hair, and for years my mom would tolerate it but complain. Until one day she realized that it has become a part of who I am. There isn't a day that I go out in public that someone does not compliment my hair. Sure wouldn't happen if it was a dirty blonde pulled up in the same messy bun.

But before closing I want to address the opposite of this topic together and sad. I know I have been and know people who seem as if they cannot be single. I was one of those people at one time and it took me a long time to realize why. I didn't like me. And to be able to be single and happy you must like yourself. Because it's the only one there and if you can't love yourself how can you expect anyone to feel anything for you.
Well this isn't the easiest topic and I know that tomorrow's topic will have a lot of possibilities so this one will stay short and sweet.

*************************************

So if you don't know I also write fiction mainly fan fiction. I am currently writing 3 stories please feel free to check them out and enjoy!

Don't forget to vote below