Writing Challenge Day 10

Day  10 your best friend

Not sure how this will go over. And I don't want to hurt feelings by naming too many names. So I am choosing the one person who has 110% behind me 110% of the time. My mom, she is one of the only people on this planet that I will tell anything to.

I know even though she doesn't always like all the things that I do but she will support me.  I love her so much and since we don't have a blood relation this is even better.

I had many people growing up that I called my best friend. Although I'm not sure with only one or two exceptions that many of those people would jump in front of a bullet or a moving car to save my life. Even though at least at the time I called them MY best friend I would have done that for them.

Early on I found some of the people I called my best friend wouldn't have my back. When the teasing began, they wouldn't stand up for me. They would sit there and laugh with everyone else. There were those who had no problem coming over to my house to play or inviting me over to play at their house. But at school they might not even acknowledge me.

So I guess I never had a true friend for years. I know I did have a few good friends into high school and beyond. People I still have a connection to. People who we have disagreed for periods of time over the years. We still find our way back into each other's lives.

As I get older I have become cynical with my friends. Even as recently as a few years ago I was terribly hurt by someone who I thought was a close friend. Until I found out that I was the butt of a lot of jokes with their real friends. I mean I was included in things that you would include your friends in. What I didn't realize was I was only included as some sort of sick entertainment.

That is not friendship. I have learned a lot from this and I doubt I will ever be able to trust people like I trust my family.

I want to write more but I have a headache that is just getting worse the longer I stare at this screen so I'm going to end this sooner that I wanted to.

Hope this explains a bit about me.

*************************************

Please click the vote.
Leave me a comment

Tell me about your best friend

And have a great weekend. I know I will because my kiddo is headed off to sleep away gymnastics camp for a week in the morning so I have a nice lazy week ahead.

Much 💕 love
K