last day

Saara

I couldn't thank God enough for our last day to fly by. I hate school ever since we started but I love spending more time with my girls and tomorrow...

WE ARE FINALLY LEAVING THIS STUPID STATE.

Yes, me and my friends finally convinced our parents to let us fly out to Chicago to attend MAS ICNA, my friend Jamila has been there before and she told us it was a great experience. Such amazing scholars from all around the world and people from all around the world are going to attend. It's going to be me, Meera's, and Amina's first time over there and we're just so excited, I just need to make a few more stops this afternoon and then I'll be set set.

"Meera, do you mind if we can head to the mall to the mall real quick, I need to buy some things". I asked her as we stepped into her car.

"Yes Meera, me too pleassee, I need to find a good purse or something". Jamila added in.

" A purse? Are you 40, damn you two and pursues". Meera joked, we all laugh and headed to our local mall but we didn't spend too much time, because I had to finish some last minute packing.

I finished shopping as soon as I can and Meera dropped me and Jamila off at our houses.

I rushed into my house and went straight to my room and finished my last minute packing. God, I have 3 suitcases and I'm only going to be there for 7 days. I think I'll leave one behind. I bought so many dresses and abayas because I think it'll complement me, my new wardrobe wasn't cutting it anymore.

" SAARA". My mother yelled. I rushed back downstairs and asked her what's up.

"Kaaley, ( come here)." She whispered and gestured me to her.

" Waxaan ku siinaya extra $200, walaalihin ha u sheegin( I'm going to give you an extra $200 but don't tell your brothers) She whispered and handed the money to me secretly.

I bursted out some laughter, my mom is too cute. " Hooyo, I love you so muchh, Thank you." I hugged and kissed her cheek and ran back upstairs to finish some more packing.

After like 2 hours of cleaning my room and my closet because I really messed it, I'm finally set for tomorrow. Our flight is going to be at 8 a.m which is pretty early but that's okay, we needed the cheapest flights because my friends and I had to put some money together for our hotel and our parents wanted the hotel that was connected to the McCormick Place which is where the islamic convention will be held so we wouldn't be spending unnecessary money on lyfts or whatever.

After cleaning and packing, I laid down on my bed and started texting the girls groupchat.

Saara : hi

jamila: HEYYY, are you excited for tomorrow morning, omg it's going to be my first flight.

saara: YESSS wlh, i can't wait.

meera: we boutta be chiraq b*tches.

amina: LMAO MEERAAA, guys wake up early tomorrowwww

jamila: you talking to us or saara?

saara: fjnvjfb let me beee, i promise I'll be up

jamila: we need to be out the house by 7 a.m, i can already tell my mom waking me up at 4 a.m or something. we need airport pics tho

meera: airport pics? girl we gonna fly and out.

saara: okay guys, I'm going to sleep right now, I wanna be up early asf goodnight ly guys.

I shut off my phone and headed straight to sleep because I need all the energy I can get for tomorrow.

*6:30 a.m*

I was awaken by such loud knocking on my door, what the hell ?

" SAARA". I heard my dad yell. Uh oh.

I rushed downstairs only to find Jamila in my living room.

"Saara, our flight will leave soon, what's wrong with you". She said and walked towards my suitcase I set in the living. " Bro, I'm going to put these in the car, you just go and brush your teeth and slip a baati on or something." She yawned.

I rushed upstairs and brushed my teeth and grabbed my charger and phone, I didn't brother changing out of my baati, I just slipped on a hijab and rush downstairs.

Just as I opened the door, my dad stopped me.

" Are you missing something?" He asked me.

" No, what could I be missing?"

He handed me my flight ticket." Don't forget to call me and your mom as soon as you land, okay?"

I heard a honk outside. " Okay okay abo(dad), byeee". I rushed into Jamila's dad car and we made our way into the airport but we kind of sat through a lecture about staying safe and not doing anything stupid and stuff. We finally got to the airport and he walked us in to the gates and everything because we don't know anything about the airport and we spot Meera, Amina and amina's mom in the gate line.

" Okay bye abo, I'm going to go, thanks." Jamila said. We dragged our suitcases towards the girls and went through security and handed our tickets to the gate ladies.

" Oh my God guys, this really happening." Meera said excitedly as we walked into the airplane.

"I swearr, I'm so geeked right now." I gushed and made my way over to Amina because we are sharing seats and Jamila and Meera.

I sat back on my seat and buckled up. Just as I was about to drift to sleep, a flight attendant asked if I wanted some breakfast.

"Yes, do you guys have-"

" No thank you, we're good". Amina interrupted and the flight attendant walked away.

" Why would you do that ?" I snapped. The heck, is she okay.

" It's 8 a.m, and we're going to land in an hour and go back to sleep and THEN go out to eat for better quality AND cheaper food dumba$$." She went off and went back to sleep.

I smiled awkwardly. "Oops hehe". I laid my head back and decided to sleep too.

Oh, what it would be to land right now.