day one

Saara

We finally arrived at the 9 a.m conference and I'm LITERALLY in awe of how many there is MY age that showed up this morning. Amina, Jamila, and I took a seat in the middle that isn't too far from the speakers and we're trying to spot Meera and her new boo. They're already so cute walking together and such. I hope they have a striving friendship.

The lights in the room had dimmed down and everyone started becoming quiet.

The sheikhs started introducing themselves and talking about how our generation is the best/ needs some improvement.

After 2 hours and so of them lecturing us and discussions within us students and such, they announced the 20 minute break and then we go back and do some activities and such.

The girl's and I stepped out and walked not too far from the room, we just step outside of it.

" Wow, that was soo interesting and it's so cute that they're engaging conversation with us." I exclaimed awe. Like, that was really something.

" I know, I loved every-." Jamila started off with but a man interrupted her saying her name out loud and walked towards us.

Jamila turned her head behind and looked back at me and Amina all guilty.

" Um...I forgot to mention someone to you guys last night." She whispered and turned her head back. " Rayaan!"

He walked towards and gave her the warmest smile.

" I was hoping that I'd bumped into you this early, what'd you think about the conference?" He asked her.

" Oh I'm sorry, I'm Rayaan, and you two are?" He looked at me and Amina and we introduced ourselves.

Um, How did Jamila meet this guy already, it's only 11.am and she was sitting right next to us during the conference but I think she'll explain later.

" It was sooo interesting wallahi, I loved every second of it."

They started engaging in conversation and me and Amina looked at each other like "when did this happened."

We walked a little further from them to give them some space. "Are you confused Amina, because I'm confused." I laughed like whattt.

" Jamila been that, but she upped her game now." Amina said laughing. We keep looking at them and making faces at Jamila from a distance and I think her and Rayaan decided to part ways.

"Ummm... I can explain." Jamila started off with.

" Well???" We asked her. She explained that they met each other last night outside the pizza parlor and kind of clicked just like that.

" Anddd right now, He just asked me if we would like to have dinner with him and his friends later this evening." She said all excited.

" Wow, that sounds great. We in there like swimwear." I said returning the energy.

Soo Jamila and Meera got future boos in the works. My intentions aren't meeting a guy on this trip, just making some cool friends and I hope it'll go smoothly tonight.

Amina, Jamila, and I started going to conference rooms that talked about topics we like and then it hit 4:00. That's when all speakers and every attendee go for a break and eat lunch. Since the girls really didn't want to go out the convention to get food, we decided to head to the Mcdonalds that was in the building.

" Okay, yall. We have to make it to Mcdonalds quick, the line be getting so full, so let's get going." Jamila said. We started rushing down escalators and I got a text from Meera.