the strange one

Meera

The girls literally woke up at 7 a.m to start getting ready for 9 a.m conference. I was so irritated of the rummaging and rumbling nosies they were making. One is in the shower, the other brushing her teeth, and Saara running around looking for her makeup.

"AMINA, OPEN THE DOOR I LEFT MY BROW PENCIL IN THERE." Saara banged on the bathroom door.

Should I jump her now or later?

Or now AND later at this rate.

I had no choice but to wake up and use my phone till Amina and Jamila get out the bathroom.
It's been more then 20 minutes and Jamila is still in the shower with the door locked. I forced myself out of bed and banged on it.

" Jamilaaa, please hurry. I need the bathroom." I groaned, it's way too early wallahi.

" OKAY, AMINA LOCKED IT AND I'M BRUSHING MY HAIR." She yelled back.

"Okayy, please step out for a minute, I promise I won't look at you."

I heard the door unlocked and rushed in and freshened myself up.

I let Saara do my makeup but very naturally because I didn't want my face to feel super heavy through-out the whole day .

We all finally got ready and Jamila led us the way to the convention since our hotel was linked with it. It was like a maze really, just going through many halls and elevators and finally we're at the actual convention, and Jamila wasn't playing when she said everyone and their mothers show up.

There is soo many people, you see families and couples, and kids and teens running around the place and it's so diverse, never seen anything like it. It's 8:20 and we don't have any time for breakfast so we went to starbucks which was on the top floor and man the line was insane.

We decided to go to the mini markets inside the convention and just get chilled drinks and maybe a granola bar or something.

The girls and I kind of split up in the market because everyone wanted their own things, I just picked up a Starbucks chilled drink and some gum and headed to the cashier and started rummaging through my pockets for money.

" Find everything alright?" The cashier said with a thick British accent.

His accent caught my attention. I looked up and wow...

This man was beyond handsome. He had thick brown curls that fell to his shoulders and one strand of hair over his eyes. His eyes were a combination of green, gold, and brown. It's honestly a melt of autumn tones.

" Yeah I did, how much will that be?" I asked.

"That's going to be $4.80." He looked up and his face softened for a quick second. He went back on his cash register and clicked a few things.

"I'm sorry, it's $3.50." He looked back up and give me a small smile.

I scoffed then returned the smile and handed him my card.

" So ma'am, what state are you coming from?" He asked while swiping my car and keeping eye contact.

" Um, I'm coming from Columbus, Ohio, it's not too far from Chicago."

" Ahhh, the buckeyes, wondeful state." He smiled and handed me back from my card.

" Ehh, it's alright." I shrugged. " Where are you from and what are you doing over here?"

" I've came from London, and my father is a speaker for the convention. How did I end up as a cash register you might ask?" He teased.

I laughed. " Yeah... I'm kinda wondering the sameee."