reminiscent

Saara

I shut off my laptop with a sigh of relief. Phew, I just finished my last homework for the day and I never ever been so tired, I don't even want to drive home.

Online school has been so draining because of the pandemic. When are people going to take this seriously so we can go back to our old lives? I never imagined my first year of university is going to go like this,honestly. The first semester isn't even over and I'm already done.

Sh*t, I have a work-out that I need to get done today. It's arm-day, I mentally groaned in my head and packed all my school stuff into my bag and threw my mini lunch out, I was at a cafe because I cannot concentrate at home whatsoever and this cafe was near my gym so why not study there today. I threw my bag over my shoulder and headed outside to my car. I really don't feel like working out today but I'm seeing so much progress on my body, I don't want to quit now!

**********

I hopped in my car and threw my gym back in the back and sighed. Today was kind of hard, there was way too many locals at the gym but oh well. I hopped in my car and let a huge sigh. Man, life is getting so stressfulm it feels like I haven't even gotten the chance to breathe. I'm just looking forward to spring break next month to finally relax In Shaa Allah.

I connected my phone to my car's bluetooth and decided to listen to some nasheeds(vocals only) because it's just that night you know?

I stepped on the gas and started driving. 5 minutes into driving, just as I'm about to approach a red lights a random person just JUMPED in front of my car. I hit the brakes as hard as I could, causing my body to push forward and hitting the steering wheel.

" F*CK". I yelled out as I punched my steering wheel as hard as I can. I hopped out my car as fast as I could and ran towards the front to see if that person was okay.

THANK GOD, the girl wasn't too close to my car and just tumbled because she was afraid. She looked about 13-15 and had a backpack which I'm guessing is filled with clothes. I think she's a runaway child oh my God.

I ran towards the girl and helped her up to get on her feet" Oh my God, are you okay?" I've said super concerned.

" Okay? You should of have just hit me, you would of been doing me a favor." She said in an attitude but very nonchalant.

" Hit you?" I've said surprised. I placed my hands on my hips. "Now why the hell will I hit you?"

" Because... you would of been doing my older brother a favor..."

I looked at very astonished and I wasn't going to ask anymore questions, I'm not trying to trigger the poor girl." Do you need somewhere to go? Any friends...any other family members I can take you too?" I asked

"I'm trying to go to my Aunt's house, she's the only family member I have." The girl said while looking down twiddling her fingers.

" Okay, um...spread your legs and arms apart. You could be a serial killer for all I know." I've joked. The girl did what I said and I didn't find any weapons or anything.

"Okay, let's get going." I said getting into my car very shocked as hell. Who would of thought-

"Thank you for doing this by the way." The girl interrupted my thinking, darn.

"Of course, don't mention it. Are you hungry?" I've asked her.

" YES!" She replied immediately, taken back by her response, this girl has been walking on the street for more then a day, my God.

"Ahem." She faked a cough. " I mean yeah, sure. I could go for some tacos right now."

We drove to Taco Bell listening to a few nasheeds, and it comes to me that I didn't even ask for her name.

" What's your name by the way?" I asked.

"It's Daneena."

"Daneena...that's a beautiful name wow." I complimented her.

" Thank you." She said bashfully. "And what's yours? Oop take a right please."

" Saara." I told her while I was steering the car. I finally got to her house and pulled up in the parking. "Okay, I've better not see you jumping in front of cars anymore. Got that?

Daneena laughed. " Yess, thank you so much again. I know I'm going to be happier here, Thanks Saara." She got her drinks,food, and bag and closed my car door and knocked on the door. I started to back up a little bit, but I wasn't planning to drive off until she got into the house safely. Her aunt and I'm guessing the aunt's husband opened the door and welcomed her with a hug hug and I'm also guessing her cousins running downstairs, and just like that, the door closed.

I finally drove to my own house thinking about what had happened and I'm so grateful that she didn't get hurt while I was driving and now she has a better family then her old one. Alhamdulliah.

I parked my car and got my bags and headed to the crib. I didn't even to talk about the situation to my parents to be honest. I feel like they would take my keys away if they found out. I almost hit someone. I rushed upstairs and got into my room and it was a complete mess. Oops, I forgot I was looking for my gym sweats and I told myself I was going to clean this later. And later is now.

I tidied up my room and decided to put on a face mask and take a shower. Just a little self care after today. I totally need it.

After my shower,hair and moisturizing routine, I got into some comfy PJs I ordered not too long ago and hopped on my bed with my taco bell and started texting my friends about what had happened.

jamila: woah, it's kinda a good thing you guys crossed way, now she's has her other family, alhamduilliah

samira: saara the savior, i'm so proud of you baby

amina: wlhi, thank God the girl is alright.

We all started catching up and talking about our day for like an hour or so, and then ZAYD started calling. I felt mini little butterflies when I seen his name popped up on my phone. I texted the girls he was calling me, and I told them I would talk to them later.

I pressed answer and held my phone to my ear. " Hello."

" Saaraaa, how are you. I've missed talking to you all day fam." He greeted.

I smiled at him and told him about my day and what had happened tonight.

By the way, it's been around 4 months since we last seen other at MAS ICNA and we talk almost everything single, like our friendship as grown so much and I'm so happy. Although, he stays flirting A LOT, it's not super awkward nor does it make me uncomfortable because I probably would of ghosted him, but besides the pointtt, he can pull it off. I've been having such a strange feeling towards him every since we parted ways, I honestly don't know what the heck it is, but it's awfully strange.

"Listen here Saara, my boy Rayyan's sister's wedding is spring break and I've been invited and I can take a guest... soo..." He dragged off

" Sooo.." I said dragging it.

" I was wondering if you would let me fly you out here for like 3 days, please, please, please say yes. Don't let me beg, and I'm even trying to look like a beg so help me out Saara." He pleaded.

I started laughing." You? Fly me out? TO ENGLAND? I don't know Zayd, I'm going to have to convince my parents like crazy."

" Please Saara, this wedding is going to be amazing and I can't let you miss out andddd you're gonna see me." He teased. I started laughing and smiling, he's the only guy that can make me laugh on the phone.

" Okay, I'm going to think about it and I have to go, it's getting late and I have school early."

" Oh yeaa, you just reminded me." He groaned out loud. " Goodnight Saara."

" Goodnightt." I ended the call and snuggled into bed. My God, I was so tired and fell asleep thinking about the extravagant wedding and how I'm going to convince my parents...