day two

Jamila

" I'm actually half Indian and half Pakistani." Rayaan told me.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "Your parents were on that Veer-Zaara type of love." I laughed then instantly regretted it. Wow, why the hell did I say that.

Rayaan choked on his drink and bursted into laughter. " Woww, how the hell do you know about Veer-Zaara, you're so hip."

" Um, how can anyone not know about Veer-Zaara, that was such an iconic movie."

" Wow, I didn't think lots of people who aren't Desi watch Bollywood movies." He said running his finger through his hair. He crosses his arms and put them on the table and moved closer to my face.

"Excuse me? I'm a Bollywood FANATIC, you don't know even understand." I took a sip of my drink.

" Oh really, okay can you name 5 SRK movies." He challenged me

I scoffed. "5? Okay then. Dil se, K3G, KKHH, KANK, and Jab tak hai Jaan. I can name way more but shall I go on?"

He looked at me astonished. " Okay, Okay, everyone in the world knows SRK, can you name other movies without him?" He asked

" Are you serious, of course I can. Let's see, Vivah, Kaabil, Dostana, Hum Tum, Ghajini, Kaabir Singh, Ta ra Rum Pum, Fanaa, and all the Dhoom series." I numbered with my fingers.

" Anything else you want to ask me?" I added

" WOW, I'm so impressed. How did you even found out about those movies?" He asked in awe.

" Sir, I have something called Taste and parents who are hip." I laughed.

He looked at me in awe, and it looked like he didn't even know what to say.

" Okay, while you collect your thoughts, I'll ask you what's your favorite hindi songs?" I asked him.

" To be honest, I can't even name them all right now, everything hindi song especially in the movies are all bangers." He said

" Literally, I love the songs, especially the wedding songs."

" Have you ever been to a desi wedding before?" He asked me.

I sighed. " No I haven't but I would really love to, and I don't have any desi friends in Columbus."

He looked at me as if he got an idea in his head. "Jamila, my sister is getting married next month and I want you to come with me so you can experience your first desi-style wedding."

" Are you serious? Rayaan, that's kind of a stretch because your sister doesn't know me and I'll be the only Somali girl in that wedding, and I don't know how I feel about that. " I said. I'm going have to kindly decline his offer.

" Jamila don't be silly, my sister is marrying an Eritrean guy, so don't worry if you're going to be the only Somali because you're not going to be the only East African, and second I'm going to bring you as my guest and my sister knows I'm bringing guests like my friends and everything, so pleasee come with me." He pleaded.

" I'm going to have to think about it." I told him.

The rest of the night, we continued engaging with each other and I see Saara and Rayaan's friend hitting it off. I feel super bad for Amina. I see her engaging in conversations with the other girls and Meera, but I know she wishes her significant other was here in Chicago with her. Rayaan introduced me to some of his friends and they were so sweet and kind. Columbus guys my age could honestly never I'm sorry. These guys are just too respectful and kind and they really know how to have great time. After we finished eating, we started walking around downtown Chicago and went on the bikes and scooter and raced each other, it was honestly a vibe. I cannot remember the last time I had this much fun back home.

I started getting a little bit tired and check my phone and was shocked. It was literally 3:45 a.m and we have to go to the 9 a.m conference tomorrow. I ran to the girls and told them that we had to go or else we're going to miss tomorrow lectures.

" I'm going to be honest, I think I'm going to sleep past 9 and start going to the 2 p.m lectures." Meera said. Amina and Saara nodded in unison.

Saara looked back at the guy she was talking to, and he smiled at her gestured her back to their bikes. "I'm having so much fun with Zayd right now, so I think I'll go back to the hotel around like 5 maybe." She said.

I sighed. "Okay, you guys continue having fun and stick together. I might head back to the hotel." I yawned. Gosh, I'm so tired. Rayaan walked towards me.

" Jamila, are you tired? Let me walk you back to the hotel. I'm tired too." He said to me.

I decided to take his offer up and said bye to the girls and walked with him to the hotel. It wasn't that far really. As soon as we got to the hotel, he walked me to my room and I unlocked the door and stepped inside and turned back at Rayaan while leaning on the door for moral support because I can feel myself knocking out any minute and my eyes weigh a ton.

"Thank you for tonight, it was the most fun I had in a really long time." I thanked him while giving him a small smile.

" Of Course and listen, tomorrow I want to take you ice-skating. What do you think of that?" He said.

" Um, yess I'd love to come to."