chapter 14

Just a heads up from me, theres no smut here!

I had gotten home that day from work, still later than I would have usually gotten home on a normal day. Kellin and I just kept doing it over and over again until we were both too exhausted to do it again. It was a lot of fun, even though I’m still mad at him for cancelling all of my appointments, but it was just so difficult to stay mad when he keeps on seducing me. But hey, overall it was a lot of fun, but I can’t let that happen again, or at least not often.

I had been home for a while now. I showered because well after the events of today I really needed it, and then I got changed and now I was half way through watching a movie, but to be honest I was getting tired. I looked over at the clock on the wall to see it was 10 pm already. That late? It didn’t feel like time had gone that fast at all. I switched the TV off and got up, about to head up stairs when I heard the ringing of my door bell. I frowned, wondering who it could be. My friends rarely come over on weeknights and I knew Kellin probably had enough of me today.

I headed over to the door and opened it to see Kellin standing there looking like a total mess. His eyes were bloodshot and there were tears pouring down his cheeks. He sobbed as he tried to get a word out.

“I-It h-hurts. It hurts s-so much.” He cried. Straight away I went into doctor mode, stepping towards him and trying to examine him to see what was wrong.

“Where? Kellin, tell me where it hurts?” I asked quickly. He put his hand on his chest over his heart and tapped it.

“Here.” He whined, bursting out in another wave of sobs. I was relieved that he wasn’t physically hurt, but he was crying so much and there was only one conclusion I came up with. He must have had another fight with Scotty. It hurt my heart to see Kellin like this, so shattered and broken. I pulled him into a hug and he stumbled a bit in my embrace and that’s when I smelt the alcohol on him. I wasn’t about to question him about it though, not right now at least. Instead I pulled him inside, pushing the door shut behind us.

“It hurts so much.” He words slurred together. Yeah, definitely drunk. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my neck as he cried. I brought my hand up to his hair to stroke it lightly as I tried to sooth the hysterical man. It didn’t sound like he was going to let up any time soon and he was starting to get kind of heavy in my arms as the alcohol made him unstable.

“Let’s go sit and you can tell me what happened.” I said and tried to pull away, but he just clung on tighter.

“No don’t let me go.” He choked out desperately. His drunken state was still making him go kind of limp in my arms though so I still wanted us to sit.

“Okay, okay, I won’t. Just, walk with me for a sec.” I said and walked us backwards into the living room and over to the couch. I sat down on it, pulling Kellin down with me. He sat on my lap, his legs laid out on the couch to one side and his arms wrapped around my neck as he kept his face buried in my shoulder. I didn’t think the crying was going to stop anytime soon, so I just held him, trying to be here for him. I had never seen him be anything like this before, it was kind of scary because I didn’t like to see him hurting.

“It’s okay, it’s going to be okay.” I whispered as I trailed my fingers along his back lightly.

“N-no it’s not. He was everything to me. I loved him and n-now he doesn’t want anything to do with m-me. I fucked up so bad and know he hates me and I don’t know what to do anymore. It just h-hurts so much. I feel like I c-can’t b-breathe.” He said, his words still a slurred mess of sobs, but I understood each one.

“I’m sorry. It won’t hurt forever, I promise.” I said, holding him tighter. There were so many things I wanted to ask him about what happened tonight. But what I gathered was that Scotty somehow found out that Kellin cheated and broke up with him. I’d get the details later but right now Kellin needs comfort.

“Please make it stop hurting.” He begged me. My heart ached for him. Even though he had done the wrong thing, I truly thought that he loved Scotty. He’s absolutely heart broken right now, as would Scotty be I can imagine. Kellin did fuck up, big time, but I know he still has a huge heart which is shattered now.

“I wish I could.” I said. We fell into a silence. We stayed sitting in that position as Kellin cried his heart out and I did my best to comfort and sooth him. I didn’t really know what I could do to make it better, but I really wanted to take away his pain. Eventually his crying evened out to a few sobs and soon he was quite, but still taking shaky breathes, probably trying to calm himself down.

“Do you want to go upstairs so you can sleep? You can stay in the guest bedroom for as long as you want.” I told him. He nodded slowly against my shoulder and he moved to get up. He climbed off of me and tried to stand up, but just fell back down next to me on the couch. God, he was so drunk.

“How much have you had to drink tonight?” I asked. He shrugged and held his head in his hands.

“A lot.” He said. I reminded myself to save the lectures for another day. I got up from the couch and bent down to wrap my arm around Kellin’s waist. He stood up with a lot of support from me, and together we walked, well he stumbled, towards the stairs. It took us forever to get up them and by the time we got to the top I wondered if it would have been easier to just carry him.

“Um, Vic.” Kellin said when we were half way down the hallway.

“What is it?” I asked, looking at him. He went a lot paler than usual and was holding his stomach.

“Uh oh.” I said and quickly ushered him into the bathroom which was thankfully nearby. He got to the toilet just in time to drop to his knees and empty the contents of his stomach. Like the good friend I was I knelt beside him and pushed his hair out of his face while rubbing his back softly with my other hand. When he was done he groaned and moved away from the toilet and sat there on the ground.

He looked so…so…broken. It looked like he was exhausted and hopeless. I hated seeing him like this, I really did. And in that moment I promised myself that I would do everything I could to fix his broken heart. Whatever it takes, I’ll do it. I’m going to be there for him to help him through it, no matter how much it hurts me to see him in love with another man.

“Come on, let’s get you cleaned up.” I said as I stood and offered him my hand. He groaned before reaching forward and I pulled him up. We went over to the sink and I gave him a glass of water and I let him use a toothbrush I had stored away for the unlikely event that I had visitor. Once he was clean, I led him out of the bathroom and back down the hall, stopping at a guest bedroom.

“So, this is the guest bedroom.” I said. He looked at me with those big, puppy dog eyes of his.

“I…I don’t want to be alone. Can I stay with you?” He asked meekly. Truth be told that’s what I wanted from the start, but I wanted to give him the option of his own space.

“Of course.” I said and took him further down the hall to my bedroom. We walked in and I didn’t bother to flick on the lights. I helped him take off his shoes and clothes down to his boxers and gave him one of my more comfortable shirts to wear. I’m sure he was perfectly capable of doing it himself, but I felt the need to take care of him. We went over to bed and I got in, pulling him down with me and dragging the covers over the two of us. We faced each other and I put my arm around him as he snuggled closer to me and rested his head on my shoulder. If it were under different circumstances this probably would have been perfect. But it wasn’t normal. I couldn’t even pretend that it was because shortly after we lay down together I felt Kellin shaking as he started to cry again, and that’s all he did for the next hour until he eventually fell asleep.