chapter 15

Kellin didn’t get a whole lot of sleep last night. He had been restless, moving around in his sleep a lot and crying every now and again which had woken me up and I did my best to sooth him. I didn’t blame him though. His whole world had collapsed around him so of course he wasn’t going to get a peaceful night’s sleep. I was so worried though and just wanted to do anything to make him feel better, but I didn’t know what I could do other than just be here.

That morning was a Saturday so neither of us had to go to work, and even if we did I wouldn’t make him go. It was nearing the middle of the day and he was still in bed, just facing the wall and staring at it. I walked over to the side of the bed he was on and knelt down on the ground in front of him, breaking his eye contact with the wall. He looked at me. At least he wasn’t crying again. His eyes were no longer blood shot so he mustn’t have cried for a little while, which is good, I think.

“Hey.” I said quietly and reached forward to brush a little hair out of his eyes.

“Hi.” He mumbled. He grabbed my hand, moving it away from his face but still held it. I gave his hand a light squeeze.

“How are you feeling today?” I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

“I don’t know, okay I guess. Better than last night.” He muttered. It was good to hear he was at least doing okay for now.

“Maybe you should get up and we can go and do something if you want.” I suggested. He shook his head and let go of my hand.

“No, I just want to stay here.” He said. I guess he just needed some time. But it wasn’t healthy for him to just lay there. The longer he lays here, the closer he is to falling into some sort of a depression about Scotty and I don’t want that for him. I want him to try and get over him.

“Alright, but I want you to at least think about getting up, okay? Even if it is to just come downstairs or shower or get something to eat, I don’t know. Just think about it, alright?” I asked. He didn’t reply to me, he just looked away and rolled onto his back. I sighed and got up, leaving him there in the room. He’d come down eventually when he’s ready.

I went back down stairs and into my study so I could do a little work. I was a lot behind on paper work because usually Jill did a lot of it and now that she’s gone Kellin doesn’t really know how to do it very well so it’s an extra load on me, but I didn’t mind. It was worth it to work with Kellin. I was sitting there at my desk for maybe an hour until I heard the sound of the shower being turned on upstairs. A small smile came to my lips. Well at least he’s up and about now.

I continued with my work until I heard the shower turn off and decided that I’d stop just in case Kellin came down and wanted some company. I left the study and went into the living room, sat down on the couch and picked up the remote control, switching the TV on. The first thing that came up on the screen was Skins, a British show. I didn’t mind it so I just left it on. A little bit later Kellin’s voice came from behind me.

“Hey, what are you watching?” He asked. I turned my head to see him walking around the side of the couch towards me. He sat close to me and looked at the screen. I didn’t know whether to act normal or treat him like someone who just broke up with his boyfriend. I went with the first option.

“Skins. I like this show.” I said. He nodded and sat there in silence and watched with me. It was a comfortable silence. I was just glad he wasn’t staying cooped up in bed all day. I glanced over at him and that’s when I realized he was wearing my clothes; a grey t-shirt and black jeans. He noticed me looking at him.

“Oh, yeah. I didn’t bring over any of my clothes so I thought I’d just borrow yours, if that’s okay.” He said.

“Yeah, that’s fine. If you want I can go with you to get your stuff if you want.” I suggested. He shook his head quickly.