chapter 16

Kellin seemed a lot better today. He hadn’t cried at all last night, at least I don’t think he did. He slept in his own bed in the guest bedroom and I went to check on him every now and again to make sure he was okay, but he was sleeping like a baby each time. I had been really worried so I could barely sleep myself, but I guess I had nothing to be worried about because in the morning he was acting completely normal too. I suppose that’s a good thing. I just hope he isn’t bottling everything up. He doesn’t seem like the type of person to do that though.

Right now the two of us were walking down the hall towards his, or well his old, apartment together. We got to the door and he put his key in, turning it to unlock the door.

“Ah good, he didn’t change the locks.” Kellin said, smiling triumphantly. I smiled back, happy that he was showing a genuine smile, even if it was over a small thing. We walked into the apartment together and the first thing we heard was moaning. Kellin and I exchanged confused glances. Kellin said Scotty shouldn’t be home, but I guess he is and it sounds like he’s in the middle of having sex.

“Kell…” I said cautiously. I was afraid he was like a time bomb about to explode. He had been so upset when Scotty kicked him out. How is he going to react finding out he’s fucking someone else? Actually, I wonder if Scotty had been cheating on Kellin too.

Kellin put his hand up, indicating for me to give him a minute, and then he walked further into the apartment. This was a bad idea. There was no stopping him though so I followed after. The moaning was coming from the bedroom. Kellin got there first and stopped to listen through the door. I got there too and that’s when I heard the sound of a female.

“Oh God, Scotty.” The high-pitched voice said before chanting ‘oh God’ over and over again. I gave Kellin another confused look.

“You didn’t tell me he’s bisexual.” I whispered to Kellin.

“That’s because I didn’t know.” He whispered back. “But I know exactly who he’s with right now.” He smirked and shook his head as if he thought he should have known or something. He then twisted the door knob and to my surprised walked in. Wait, is this a good idea? It’s too late now anyway. I heard the scream of surprise from the girl. I was in the door way so I looked straight in, getting the disturbing view of Scotty, naked, on top of a girl who had her legs wrapped around him. Wait a minute, that’s the girl Kellin used to work with!

“Oh hey, so sorry to interrupt.” Kellin started off sarcastically, “But I gotta ask, how long have you two of you been fucking?”

“Kellin?! What the fuck? Get out of here!” Scotty yelled.

“No! I deserve a fucking explanation. So like, you’re into girls too?” Kellin asked. He seemed pissed off, but at the same time genuinely curious. Scotty glared back at Kellin and glanced at me.

“Is that the guy?” Scotty asked, nodding towards me. This is about the time I wanted to turn around and run, but I wouldn’t abandon Kellin.

“The guy I’ve been fucking? Yeah, that’s him. He’s fucking fantastic in bed. Now answer me, how long have you been with her?” Kellin asked, pointing to the girl who was sitting there looking a little scared and holding the sheets to her bare chest.

“If you’re asking if I cheated on you, then the answer is no. This just happened.” Scotty said.

“Right, okay. And why didn’t you tell me you’re bisexual?” Kellin asked. I looked at him. His face showed no signs of being upset, in fact he looked just a little amused at the whole situation, that was until Scotty spoke again.

“I’m not.” He said. I watched Kellin’s face as it went from amused to confused, and then a look of realization flashed through his eyes.

“Straight?” Kellin whispered in disbelief. I was in disbelief too. How could Scotty be with Kellin for so long but suddenly be straight?