007

The next few days, I couldn't really get out more often, cue the damn lockdown.

On Wednesday however, I silently crossed the threshold of my home, avoiding the maid who raised her eyebrow at my sneaking out so early in the morning, and walked out, pulling my hoodie over me.

Passing by the same roads and alleys which I had come to familiarize myself with, I pocketed my hands as the winds increased.

Reaching the cafè, I sighed in relief as it's warmth engulfed me.

I think I liked this place a bit too much.

The gentle music playing inside calmed my nerves as I took a quick glance around. The popularity of the place had increased, seeing as unlike usual, there was bustle of a few costumers now, at this time of the morning.

Rubbing my hands together, I spotted Shanaira at a distance, waving at me.

I shot her a smile,

"Hey."

She shot me a bright smile and jotted something down in her notepad,

"Same pastry?"

I nodded, "One hot chocolate too, please."

She nodded, shouted an order behind her shoulder and turned to me,

"What's up?"

I tilted my head and shot her a look,

"What did he say?"

She let out a low whistle, flipping her shoulde rlength hair flirtiously,

"All bussiness, are we?"

I rolled my eyes, unable to stop the grin that spread across my face,

"You know, I'm just curious."

"Sue me, Naysha. You're cute."

"Thanks, now tell me."

She shrugged, handing me my pastry,

"What? I just gave him the tissue and strode off."

"He didn't ask you anything?"

She shook her head and my stomach fell in dissappointment, "Nope. Neither did he ask who it was from, nor why the sorry."

I frowned, now that was not something I liked.

As I bit into the soft goodness,the sweetness burst into my my mouth and my frown deepened.

He was a jerk.

That was all I came up with.

"Hey, C'mon," I heard Shanaira say, "you'll get premature wrinkles from thinking so hard."

I chuckled at her, before something dumb and crazy at the same time hit me,

"Shanaira?"

She hmmed a response.

"Are we friends?"

She paused and turned to me a with a look of surprise,

"Sure? I mean, I don't mind."

I grinned at her, "Okay, so will you help me?"

She looked at me with a skeptical look,

"With...?"

I motioned her to lean forward so I could tell her what was on my mind. It was weird how I was starting a friendship because of a silly crush that made me feel jittery.

"Will you send my notes to Omar Bakhtawar?"

I had no idea why I took his full name, probably because it's been long since I said it, seeing how me and Zara coded him 'soda' because...well, just because.