015

"Mamma, where are my bangles?!"

"Rahim, stop running around!"

"You're still here? Go take a shower!"

"Oh my Allah, Sadiya, can you believe, our Naysha of all our children?!"

"Dad, please don't start crying again!"

"Ahad, if I don't see you all dressed in the next fiften minutes, I will lock you up in the washroom!"

"Rahim don't ruin your shirt!"

"Ya Allah, where are the safety pins!"

"Fahim! Chachajaan! Where are the flowers and decoration on the stairs?"

"Someone please lower the volume of those speakers!"

"Allahu Akbar, can we all CALM DOWN?!"

"Ya khuda, Wareesha where is Naysha's dupatta?"

"Naysha, I swear, I'm gonna throw these shoes which aren't even heels right out the window!"

"Hey! Not my shoes!" I almost lunged forward but Zara caught my arm,

"Naysha, stay still!"

I sighed for the upteenth time and muttered a sorry before closing my eyes and she continued whatever she was doing to my face.

I felt the soft brushes against my skin and my impatient ass was getting pissed off the longer I stayed still.

The house was a mess of loud voices, and the heavy lehenga did no help to calm my nerves down.

Today was my engagement. Yes, I was getting engaged to Omar.

Engaged.

To.

Omar.

Oh god, I still wasn't accustomed to that sentence.

Three weeks ago, Omar had come on my doorstep to officially ask for my hand in marriage.

My dad was beyond outraged and dumbstruck at the same time, straight up denying without a second thought.

But after calming him down, and hearing both sides of the story while asking me nearly a billion times if I really was ready and if I was sure of my decision, he finally said yes four days back.

We'd initially planned on keeping this after the pandemic ends but apparently, Omar was adamant on keeping it as soon as possible.

Zayaan had conveyed the message to my family saying something about Omar being impatient, which had made me blush furiously.

The news had lead to endless teasing from everyone, literally from dadijaan to Rahim.

"Zara, can I please open my eyes now?"

"No." She snapped back.

I sighed and leaned my head back as Zara worked on my makeup. Once done, Zara turned me away from the mirror and turned to Arisha, who was all set and ready in her pastel pink gown.

"Off to you, Arisha"

I internally groaned as Zara said that and Arisha grinned at my expression before taking her place behind me and working on my hair.

Well, atleast I could keep my eyes open.

I let her work on my hair as she pulled them up in a low bun, professionally tugging on my strands, leaving a few to loosely frame my face.

She curled up my hair and probably took a few hours to get her work done.

I hadn't slept the previous night, prayed fajr and was thrown into hair and makeup as soon as the azaan for zuhr went off.