Chapter 5

THINGS TO KNOW
Y/N - Your name
BFF/N - Best friends name
-

It's today. I finally get to meet Duke for the first time. I never thought this was ever going to happen, Maybe at a meet and greet but never like this. It's currently 10:35 AM and I'm heading to Bonita falls for the first half of the photoshoot. As I was getting in the car I was still talking to Duke making sure I still had the right things for the photo shoot. It's crazy to think that I'm about to meet duke in an hour.

"Did you bring extra clothes?" Duke said as he was getting ready to drive to Bonita falls.

"Yes! So you said I'll be in the water with my cap and gown?"

"Yes! It looks so much better than that"                                                                                                                     
  "Okay! Well, I'll be there in an hour, I'm so excited to meet you. Drive safely."                            
"You too! Stay safe."

Bff/N and I had stopped at a gas station to buy some snacks. As we were looking at the snacks we had lost track of time as I'm checking the time I realized that we have been there for over 30 minutes.

"BFF/N IT'S 11:05!! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

"We were here for 30 minutes?"

"YES! Now hurry up so we can go before we're late!"

BFF/N and I purchase our snacks and head to the car. As we're getting in I started to get more and more nervous. I watch as the miles become lower and lower until I hear, "You've arrived at your destination." This is it.

Best friend? I never thought I would ever hear that

Best friend? I never thought I would ever hear that. This whole time I thought Duke was going to end up ghosting me and just using me for money but if I'm considered as his best friend then there's nothing to be afraid of. As BFF/N and I wait for Duke to arrive I decide to edit my pictures I took last night when I was out.

(These are actually mine, I took these a while back

(These are actually mine, I took these a while back. :))

As I finished editing the pictures I look up and see a white car parking nearby. I look at BFF/N.

"I'm scared BFF/N."                                                                                                                                               
"You said he's sweet. There no reason to be scared of him Y/N."                                                         

"But what if I give off a different first impression compared to online??"

"I doubt it, Let's just go meet him."

"O-Okay, This is nerve-wracking."

BFF/N and I start walking towards Duke and my heart begins to beat so fast. I just hope I make a good first impression.

"Hey Y/N! Hey Y/N's Best friend!"

"Hey Duke, Y/N is nervous so if she seems off that explains why."

"I'm not!!! I'm just shy.."

"Haha, it's fine! But I'm literally the same guy you've talked to on the phone for the past two weeks and I understand I'm nervous as well.."

Right as Duke finishes his sentence there was a silent pause. BFF/N Notices that both Y/N and Duke have been staring at each other causing bother of them to be distracted.

"Anyways, Can we start the photoshoot?" BFF/N says as she looks at Y/N.