Chapter 3

Bibby's POV

"Nah bruh, it wasn't even like that. I heard screaming and saw shawty coming up the block. I know she always walk past here to get to get house, so when I looked and finally noticed that she didn't pass by I had a feeling it was her." I spoke to Herb as he sat across from me with a blunt between his lips and his eyes slanted low while nodding his head in understand. "Plus, she kinda made think about if it was my moms or some shit. If a nigga came out the cut and snatched her up I'd want someone to help if there are bystanders. You know what I'm sayin' ? That's somebody's child." I concluded as my phone vibrated in my pocket.

"Ayo B, that is prolly the deepest shit I've heard you say 'bout a female in my entire life of knowing you since your balls dropped and you started fucking bitches man." He laughed loudly and took a long drag from his blunt and handed it to me. I chuckled, sucked my teeth and mumbled "whatever" as I took the bud from him them placed it between my lips while checking my phone.

The name "Good 😼", popped up on the screen, sliding the message it led to my texts between me and the girl. Taking a drag from the blunt my eyes scanned the message she sent me, "baby come over...I'm in need."

I really wasn't in the mood for it at the moment but alongside this blunt I knew it would help me take my mind off of what I needed to do and the situation that happened last night, replying back to her "Ight. I'll be over in a few. Make sure you got a blunt rolled and ready for me later too." I took along drag from the blunt and exited out of my messages, clicked on my Instagram app and scrolled, liking and commenting on a few familiar people's pictures, went into Twitter doing the regular updating statuses, replying back to a few fans, wishing several 'Happy Birthday' letting people know to buy "Free Crack 2" and checking my emails afterwards.

Luckily, regardless of the fame that I'd gained nationwide, Chicago, Englewood specifically never changed with me, I was still the same old hustlin' ass Bibby to those who knew me.

"Yo bruh bruh, imma head out 'fore this broad decide to blow up my phone." I got up, handed Herbo the rest of blunt and dapped him up before walking out of the house.

The sun was barely down and it was warm despite the fact that there should be snow on the ground, there was none but I ain't complainin'. Whatever The Man above is doing I'll work with. Stepping down off of the porch I stuffed my hand in my pocket and started walking with my eyes glue into my phone, only to bump into a figure that came out of nowhere when I reached near the end of the block.

"Oh damn, my bad-" I was cut off by the sound of a feminine voice.

"It's okay, it's okay. It's my fault because I wasn't paying attention." she spoke softly before looking up at me with a small smile.

My eyes darted around, looking at my surroundings and I realized that it was the girl I saved yesterday.

"Oh.. Nah ma, it's my fault." I spoke to her.

She tilted her head to the side and gave me an observant look as she stared at me before speaking. "That voice... You're the one from last night aren't you ?" She questioned.

I gave her a pitiful smile and nodded my head at her. "I did, I'm sorry for what happened to you."

"Hey, no no. Thank you, for actually stopping to help me otherwise I would've been another rape case." She shook her head while speaking.

I chuckled lightly and nodded my head. "No problem ma." We stood there looking at each other semi awkward and semi curious instead of saying whatever we had on our minds, silently of course.

"Are you going somewhere ?" I questioned her with an eyebrow raised.

She nodded her head and gestured in the same direction I was going in. "Yeah, I uh was actually walking to go to the store." She spoke. "I could take you if you wanted to, I'm actually going in that direction."

She gave me a slightly surprised look, "you sure ? I mean, if you want to Bibby. I'd enjoy it though." a wide smile spread across her face.

We started walking, talking even if it was awkward. I learned little things about her like name, her age and that she was attending the local college. The walk to the store was probably long because we made it to be that way but it was nice for me.. To be talking to a female who didn't want my money or to fuck me, to be holding what seemed like a genuine conversation with a genuine person. As we approached the store she pushed her hair behind her hair and looked at me with a smile on her face, "It's actually been an enjoyable walk and talk with you Brandon. You're not like the several amount of famous guys who get stuck up when they get fame... Well so it seems." she said and we both laughed, I shook my head at her, "Nah, I'm most definitely not like that all Sadé, that just ain't my character at all. Thank you for the compliment though." I concluded.

We stood there looking around, not really wanting to part ways before she spoke again. "Thank you, again for saving me." Before I could say anything to her she hugged me warmly, placing her head on chest then pulled away a few seconds later.

"Are you doing anything later on ? Maybe ?" I asked and she looked at me with a puckered twisted lip smile while slowly shaking her head. "No, but I was going to say I could take you out for some lunch or something later as another way to thank you because saying it isn't enough." She stated, beating me to what I was going to ask her.

I laughed loudly and shot her a look. "Just beat a nigga to his own thoughts, but that sounds like a plan. You ain't paying for shit though."

She looked at me and turned on the heels of her black Jordan Flights. "You think that." Then disappeared into the store leaving me with a smile on my face as I walked to where I was initially supposed to be heading.