Chapter 1

BREAKING NEWS

TWO WOMEN'S CORPSE WAS FOUND NEAR GULSHAN LAKE AGAIN WITH THAT MYSTERIOUS FANG BITE ON THEIR NECK. ONE OF THEM WAS AGE OF 18 AND THE OTHER ONE WAS OF 20. THE CRIME INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT- CID IS TRYING THEIR BEST TO FIND WHO IS OR ARE ALL BEHIND IT. THEIR CORPSE HAS BEEN HANDED OVER TO THEIR FAMILIES FOR PROPER BURIAL.

NBC NEWS, 30 JUNE 2020, 08.30 PM

It all started since January. At least once a week, the police are getting new cases of death of young girls with a bite mark just on the crook of their neck. Their dead bodies are often found from dark narrow lanes or beside the lake. The timing is almost same too, in the evening, around 06.00-08.00pm. The CID along with the Police are trying whatever they can, but seems like even setting CC cam each inch ain't helping too. The post mortem reports are saying, something venomous are found in the blood of the victim which molecules are still unrecognized in modern Chemistry. Such a match! Such loyalty of the criminal that every time he's or they're leaving the same proofs but still mysteries are remaining vague with no possible way to solve.

"Mum, I'm going out."

"Mera, you're adult enough to understand how worse the current situation is! Your hangout with friends is not important than your life."

"Of course, it's not, mum. But I think I'm adult and pretty much skilled enough how to protect myself too. Besides, c'mon mamma it's Susan's birthday we're waiting to celebrate together for 3 years. How can I let the plan get ruined for such a mere incident!"

"You find it me~!?"

"I'm going, bye!"

"Oh gosh! This spoiled li'l piece of meat! She's completely outta control of mine. What should I do O Almighty!"

Mera started the engine of her dad's black BMW car and drove out of the town. The mild afternoon sunshine was flickering from her sweet, innocent face reflecting her inner stressfree self. The car got a manual playlist to play while driving. She chose Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. She picked up her friends; Rose, Emily, Chelsea and lastly the Birthday girl, Susan. Together they were singing The Smiths and BTS.

Take me out, tonight.
Take me anywhere
I don't care, don't care, don't care!
Driving in your car
I never ever want to go home
Because I haven't got one, anymore.

And also,

Hello Hello, what?
Hello Hello, what?
Tell me what you want right now.
Hello hello, what?
Hello hello, what?
I'mma give it to you girl right now.

The girls reached the famous rooftop restaurant Chelsea reserved in the evening. After enjoying their steamed coral and steak salad, it was time to cut the cake Mera baked and decorated herself.

"Oh! Sorry guys, I forgot to bring the cake from car. I'll be right back."

Mera went downstairs grabbing her keys. It was a full moon night. The moon was playing hide and seek with the clouds. Together, they turned the atmosphere into something paranormally grunting. She looked up to the sky for a bit. Suddenly her brain clicked up to the point her mum was warning her about. She froze for a second, because the atmosphere can possess human nerves like the ruling king. Then just shrugged off the fact thinking it never can be possible in the real world and opened her cardoor. Grabbing the box, when she was about to walk towards the restaurant, she noticed that a dark shadow just moved too swiftly away from her. She was horrified a bit, then shrugged off thinking it can be her delusion too because of such atmosphere, but couldn't help herself from falling in deep thought. When she went back to her friends,

"Hey dude, what took you so long to do such a simple thing?"

"Nothing, Rose, I just went there and grabbed it and came back. What else would I do?"

"It's okay guys let's cut the cake now. Can't wait more for this moment." , said Emily.

They all enjoyed cutting the cake, wishing her, eating the cake and started for their home. Everyone was pretty tired, and sleepy. While driving, Mera was thinking about that shadow. What can that be? What was that actually?

After dropping everyone to their home safely, Mera returned at her house around 9.00pm. Just the moment she opened her door, a black hoodied man stood just by her car saying,

"Don't you dare stay out at night like this anymore. I won't always be here to save you."

She became extremely shocked and almost screamed after sensing how fast that man came and became invisible too.

"What the heck is going on today?", she asked herself wondering what actually was that.

"Mum, I'm back home."

Instead of welcoming back, her mum started to shout at her what took her so long to return, doesn't she know how the situation is blah blah blah. Being habituated but bothered, she ran to her room and shut off her door as quick as possible.

Having a bath she wore her nightdress and started preparing for sleeping. But somehow she couldn't stop thinking what really happened to her tonight. In her ears it was playing Mike Shinoda's Ghosts;

And when the lights go down
I see things I can't explain
Calling out my name
The lights go down
Holding every memory close
Tonight is for our ghosts!

"Who was that man? Why would he save me? From what? Why was he vanished? Am I being followed by something? What the heck is going on with me actually?"

She couldn't stop but asking herself for the whole night.

#Author's note:

Hello everyone, My name is Raiyaan Tabassum Imita. This is my first story I'm publishing on Wattpad. Writing is my hobby actually, but never got enough time to publish them at somewhere. I'm not a native speaker of English so if you find any bug in my writing please I request to inform me the right one just at that point, I would love to have some well-wishers. Don't forget to say y'all enjoyed it or not. Love you all.