💜C h a p t e r 4💜

The days went on as usual. It had been about a few weeks since Jena and Megan had started their new school . It was now December 7th and the weather was getting very cold.  It had snowed for the very first time this month, causing students to bundle up.

Ashanti and Cierra would try to get Jena to walk to school with them but she told them she couldn't leave her sister. They understood since they have siblings but they ride the bus.

Ashanti and Cierra were usually the first people in the school in the mornings and Jena came around 20 minutes later.

"Hey guys," she greeted as she huffed out a breath of cold air.

"Hey Jena," Ashanti replied, not looking up from her work.

"Is she dead?" The taller asked while motioned to the blob sitting where Cierra usually sits.

"Um I don't think so..." Ashanti said which turned into more of a question.

They poked her sides and she wiggled around a bit. They kept poking her releasing a groan somewhere underneath the jacket. They assumed she was just tired so they left her alone.

Cierra and Jena had their first two classes together so they would go to each other's lockers and then walk together. Cierra was quiet while they walked down the hallway which scared Jena.  She was expecting some kind of outburst from her explaining what she did yesterday but it never came. Instead, she just looked at the ground while she walked with her hands in her pockets.

She had on a hoodie that had her name on the back, most likely a sports hoodie. She had on some ripped jeans with some black converse and her hair was in a low side ponytail. It wasnt her best or cutest outfit but it looked like every other stressed high school student.

They walked to math and neither of them really talked that much. Only to ask each other questions about the worksheets they were doing.

When they went in choir it was pretty much the same.  Ashanti was also in choir with them and smiled as she saw her two friends enter the room.. William, who was also in choir as an alto, sat beside the sopranos.  Him and Cierra didn't know each other but he could tell something was off.

"Psst hey. Are you okay? You look dead," he said. Cierra just glared at him and put her focus back on the teacher.

"So as you know the choir performance will be on the 20th, the day of Christmas Break. So let's see... on Friday we are going to try put for solos and you will get the results on Monday when you come back. That gives us two weeks to work with the soloists. Friday is only two days away and so if you plan on trying out I would like you to go home and practice. But let's start with 'Mary Did You Know'. If you plan on trying out for a solo then please stand up," he instructed. 

A lot of people stood up. Cierra and William were two of them. Some others were a bass named Damian, Ally a soprano, Kate a soprano, and Lily an alto.

"The solo parts will be the first two lines of each verse. And the bridge. I will let you pick and choose which one you want but I prefer you do all of them so I know which part is best for who."

They went through the whole song with the solo parts about 4 times until the bell rang,  signaling lunch. 

They all sat down and got comfortable. 

"Hey Cierra are you okay....?" Jena asked, somewhat scared of the reaction she would get.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine. I guess. I just stayed up really late last night helping my brother with his homework and I didn't get to do my homework until like 3am and I didn't get finished until like 4:50. So I only got like an hour of sleep. But I mean ill be fine tomorrow...I hope."

They nodded at this and let her sleep through lunch as they continued to talk.

"Oh my gosh guys, you should totally come to my house one day and we can have a sleep over!" Jena suggested.

"Ooh yeah. How about after the Christmas concert then we can walk or ride home with you." They laughed and nodded hoping it would work out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Hey Jena, are you sure you don't wanna walk with us? I'm pretty sure your sister can walk home herself. No offense to her though," Cierra laughed as the stood in front of the doors to the school.

"Yeah she would get mad at me. But you guys can go on ahead I'll be ok." She smiled at them and waved goodbye.

"Who are they?"

"Oh my gosh Megan! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Jena said as she put a hand over her heart in shock.

"Oops sorry.  Who are they?"

"They are some friends I made. I was gonna start walking to school and back home with them but I have to walk with you," Jena explained as she started walking.

"You don't have to wait on me you know. I can walk by myself. I'm not a child!"

"Well yeah but I thought you'd get mad at me."

Megan scoffed, "If you told me, I wouldn't get mad but you act like im holding you back. Just- ugh nevermind." She started walking ahead of Jena, leaving her to walk alone on the sidewalk.

They reached their house and walked in.

"Hey girls, how was school?" Their mom asked in a sweet voice.

"Fine," Megan replied in a monotonous voice before slamming the door to her room.

"It was good," Jena answered and also went up to her room.

Hi this chapter kinda sucks lol sorry :c
Also im really excited for the next chapter :)
I hope yall have a good day, night, or evening
Baii
   ~C.J.H💜💜

[Word count- 1011]
[Kinda edited but I might have missed something]