💜C h a p t e r 5💜

*TIME SKIP TO MONDAY*

<Choir Class>

"Ok so first, as you know you tried out for solos on Friday and I am excited to say I have made my choices and I hope you all are accepting whether you did or did not get it."

The students nodded their heads, anxious for the results. 

"Ok so for Mary Did You Know the two soloists are....Jena Howell and Cierra Hall," he announced as he smiled at the two sopranos hugging each other.

"Congratulations, but I was thinking. You're voices are amazing on their own but I was thinking you could have a partner to help. So Cierra, you would need someone with higher vocals and Jena you need someone with lower vocals. So I made the decision, and if you don't want it that's fine, Destiny you will be paired with Cierra and Ashanti you will be paired with Jena."

He announced the other soloists before starting the song and telling the soloists to practice with each other.

"Hi," Cierra waved to Destiny.

Destiny just gave her a small smile and started singing.

*TIME SKIP TO THE PERFORMANCE*

"Ok, you all did great for the school and I hope you'll do even better for the parents."

The curtains opened and the audience hushed. Jena, Cierra, and Ashanti shared nervous glances knowing their families would be out there, most likely sitting together, watching them.

"Hello parents. And welcome to the afternoon show. These kids have worked so hard and I am so proud of them. The first song they will be performing is Mary Did You Know with soloists Cierra Hall, Destiny Bowles, Jena Howell, and Ashanti Greene." They waved as their names were called and claps were heard.

The song was so graceful and their voices matched perfectly.

At the bridge Destiny, Cierra, Ashanti, and Jena stood in a line, with Ashanti and Destiny being the shortest in the middle, alternating verses.

The song came to an end and they bowed as the crowd applauded and whistled for the four soloists.

The rest of the performance went by smoothly and was definitely one to talk about.

"You girls did so well! I'm so proud of you!" Jena's mom cheered as the gave the three girls a hug. Ashanti and Cierra split up to go say goodbye to their parents before going to Jenas house.

"Guys I'm so excited!!" Cierra sqealed as she bounced up and down in the car.

"Can you chill?" Ashanti asked.

"Um let me think...no," she giggled and continued bouncing.

They reached the house and went straight to Jena's room.

"You too busy playing 'What Do U Mean?' when you need to be playing 'What did you clean?' cause ain't nothing clean in here," Cierra referenced as she laughed.

(A/n if you get that you are now my best friend)

Jena's walls were a pastel purple with baby blue curtains that faded into navy blue at the bottom. She had a soft, grey blanket on top of a thick, royal blue blanket. She had a fluffy blue chair in the corner of her room with a grey rug on her wooden floor.

"Cierra, it's literally so clean in here how can you say that?" Ashanti looked at her.

"Ugh it's a vine bro. You need to calm down, its relaxation time."

(If you get that too you are elite and are now my bestest friend)

Ashanti just rolled her eyes as she went and sat down on Jena's bed after setting her bag down in the corner.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Jena asked as she also sat on the bed.

Cierra went and grabbed the fluffy chair and curled up in it.

"Um we can-"

"NO STOP! PLEASE! STOP! AHHHHH! OH MY GOSH!  QUIT! I CAN'T! STOP!" she was interrupted by yelling across the hall.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Oop- cliffhanger ;) don't worry chapter 6 will be posted in a few minutes :)
Who do you think it is 🤔

Anyways I hope yall have a good day, night, or evening and stay safe. Also thank you for already getting this book to 100+ reads :)

Baii
   ~C.J.H💜💜

[Kinda edited but not really lol sorry]