CHAPTER 1: DO OR DIE

That day is the last training for the 2018-2019 season for Cardiff City. That weekend, they will visit Brighton & Hove Albion for the last fixture of the league season which they only need a draw to stay in Premier League next season. If they lost, they will be relegate to the Championship while Brighton that currently at the 18th place on the league table will stay in Premier League.

"Okay, boys. That's all for today. I'll see you tomorrow" said the team manager; Neill Warnock.

"Hey, Ryan. Do you want to go and grab some lunch together?" asked the captain; Joe Ralls.

"Sure thing. Who else?" asked Ryan.

"Just us and Nathaniel" replied Ralls.

"Okay. Let's go then" said Ryan. He then picked up his bag before walked out from the locker room with Ralls. Then, they saw their teammate; Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is waiting for them.

"Come on, mate. I'm hungry" said Mendez-Laing.

"Fine. Let's go now" replied Ralls. Then, all 3 of them making their way to a diner.

Later at the diner;

"So, how did you boys feel for tomorrow?" asked Ralls.

"I'm not going to lie. I'm fucking nervous for tomorrow" replied Ryan.

"Same goes to me. It's do or die match for us" said Mendez-Laing.

"Yes. But, we need to believe that we will survive and stay in Premier League next season" said Ralls.

"That's true. We just need to win this match. That's what matter now" said Ryan.

"Yeah. But, let me advice you a bit, Ryan. If we failed to stay in Premier League, you better go to a better team next season if you got any offer" said Mendez-Laing.

"That's true. You're just 21 years old this July after all. You have a great future" said Ralls.

"If there is any club in the top tier division ever wants me, then I'll go" said Ryan.

"I'm sure there will be at least one. You scored 14 goals in the league this season after all despite playing with a club that currently fight to avoid relegation" said Mendez-Laing.

"That's true. Just need to believe in yourself a bit more" said Ralls.

"Thanks for the peep talk, guys. Really appreciate it. But for now, let's just focus for this weekend" said Ryan. Ralls and Mendez-Laing just nodded.

Later on;

Ryan just arrived home after having lunch with his teammates. He then switched on the computer and saw and email from United States Soccer Federation (USSF)

"It's been a while since the last time USSF ever contacted me. I wonder" mumbled Ryan alone. He then clicked on the email and read it. That email said that he was chosen for the USA Men National Team for the 2019 Gold Cup tournament. He needs to be in the training camp for USMNT and USWNT 2 weeks after the league ended if he wants to represent USA.

"USWNT will be there too, huh. I wonder if she will still recognised me if I go there" mumbled Ryan again.

That weekend,

All Cardiff City squad arrived at Falmer Stadium before the final fixture of the season. After changed into their training kits, all players making their way to the pitch for warming up session.

"Full house, huh" said Ryan.

"Yeah. Brighton is so lucky to have a homeground advantage in this do or die match" said Mendez-Laing.