CHAPTER 21: PRE-SEASON

That day, Ryan woke up early. He then changed into his tracksuit before went for his last morning run in Cardiff. Ryan's move to AC Milan news had gone worldwide as nobody expecting him to leave UK after 2 and a half seasons on the country. To make it better, 3 of his teammates in USA national team; Cannon, Mihailovic and Lewis will joined him at the 7-time UEFA Champions League winner too. Ryan is still in a a no-talking situation with Alex and Mal. The only player from USWNT that he still always contacted until that day is his unofficial twin; Tierna. Both his other sister; Jeni and Jeri did contacted him sometimes.

"I'm really going to miss Cardiff" muttered Ryan alone.

Few days later in USA;

"Seriously, Alex. How long are you going to ignore Ryan?" asked Jeni.

"Until I feel like want to talk to him again" replied Alex.

"Don't you love him anymore" asked Jeri.

"Of course I do" replied Alex.

"We don't know what else to say. Don't you know how broken his heart is when you, his biggest idol in soccer didn't want to talk with him. I won't be surprise if he reverted back to a lonely guy" asked Jeni.

"I'm not interested to talk about it. I'm going to bed now" said Alex before walked to her bed.

Later;

Alex tried to sleep but she can't.

"Fine! I'll go and get my brother back" said Alex alone before grabbed her phone and sent a FaceTime request to Ryan.

Meanwhile;

Ryan just settled down at his new place in Milan after he done with the press conference. When he got a FaceTime request from Alex, he puts on his cap, sunglasses and covered his mouth using his AC Milan muffler before answering the call.

Ryan: Hi, sis.

Alex: Why are you covering your face like that?

Ryan: You're the one who said that you didn't want to see my face anymore.

Alex can't help but to burst into laughter.

Alex: Oh my god. What have I done causing me to get this goofy little brother.

Ryan: Aww, I miss your laughter.

Alex: Ryan, I want to apologise to you for being a jerk towards you.

Ryan: Well, sis. I never forgive anyone so easy.

Alex: I see. It's okay. I'm totally understand that.

Ryan: But, since you're my beloved sister and one of my idol, I make exception this time. But please don't said that again. It's hard, you know. Not talking to you.

Alex: Okay, baby. I won't do it again. Now, take off all the things that you used to cover your face.

Ryan: Gladly.

Ryan then takes off his cap, sunglasses and mufler.

Ryan: Aaahhh. Now, I can breath.

Alex: Aww, my goofy little brother. So, will you returned to national team now?

Ryan: Nope. Berhalter told me that he'll no longer call me up. And until today, he never plead to me to come out of my international retirement.

Alex: I see. So, when can we meet again?

Ryan: Soon, I guess. Since AC Milan is going to USA for pre-season and Orlando City is one of the team that we will face.

Alex: That's good. I'll be there for sure.