FIVE | remember

[Minamoto Teru]

"What brings you here?" I asked the girl cautiously. Her eyes look calm that it sends shivers down your spine. I can tell that she's not really human. Like that wonder number one, who can take a human form. But I'm having second thoughts. I can't tell if she's really an apparition. I can't sense her energy at all.

She looked at me, her eyelashes fluttering slowly, her cold crystal blue eyes are slowly changing, giving it a slight hint of green. "Nothing, really. I just need to relax myself a bit." I looked at her, in our school's uniform, she sat there with grace with her eyes on me. "What's your intention? I can't even tell if you're human or an apparition." Her intense eyes bore into mine, this time, a blazing green color.

"Even if I tell you that I'm human, you won't even believe me, child." She said, her eyes reverting back to blue. "Besides, you already have an idea about who I am." My eyes stared into her, looking at every detail. From her long, pinkish purple hair, cold eyes that flashes a different shade with the lighting, I can't really tell. "Who are you, really? I asked, this time with full conviction. If she is another evil apparition, I must get rid of her.

"What is it, I sense?" She said as she walks towards me. "An overwhelming fear, perhaps? But of course, it isn't for you." She paused and inched closer before whispering. "But for someone else. A brother, I suppose? Younger than you." I stilled. How on earth did she know? I looked at her but she just smiled at me before straightening her uniform. "I offer a cooperation, boy. It's a rare offer for you." I looked at her skeptically.

"It's rare for you to find someone who is considered forbidden to seek. Even within you family, young Minamoto." She said in a graceful manner, eyes glinting in curiosity. "Your family never told you?" She said with surprise while I just stood there, staring at her eyes until I remembered her name. "Are you by chance, Freia?" Her chuckle gave me confirmation.

"Well, what do you say, little boy?"

"What would you take as an exchange? You always give a price."

"Hmm, smart question. But this is something that I want you to figure out. It doesn't concern your family, it would only concern you."

"Tell me. I'll do it."

"It's simple. Let your brother choose his path. Whoever he chooses to be friends with and who he wishes to protect. If your family interferes, you know what will happen."

"What will happen?"

"They will be considered the same as to those who wishes to harm him. You know full well, that I keep my promise. Do your part and you're safe, so is your brother and sister."

"Why do you do this?"

"You'll be of great use someday."