EIGHT | Misaki stairs

[Sachiko Mira]

There has been another rumor spreading throughout the school. And it's about the stairs near the art room. Although I know it's true, but I became careless and walked on the stairs mindlessly and I ended up in it's boundary. I sighed as the telephone rang. I was about to walk near it but someone else got to it first.

It seems like they are looking for a left arm. I sighed and took one, and put it on one of the small sliding doors while they were still bickering. But I made sure that no one would see me. I need to make sure that no one does since I am here just because I was mindless enough to walk on the stairs.

But something actually sparked up my curiosity. It's what's down below the stairs. What could this place be? Out of curiosity, I jumped down the stairs. The first thing I touched was water, I'm sinking to a new place not looking too far from the stairs above. But as I landed on my feet, I saw the cute girl— fish, whatever on the ground.

She must've been cursed or something. Also must be why that ghost boy could be held by a human. A bond perhaps? I sighed and wiped her dry, leaving her to those pink fluffy marshmallow-looking mokke that I want to squash badly. They'll watch over her. I need to look around. I sighed, as I read a diary.

Another cliché tale about a ghost falling in love with a teacher. But of course, it ended too early and the ghost was waiting for her beloved teacher. I sighed and left the book to look around more. It must be why she want them to make her victims look for scattered body parts. "How pathetic." I said and continued to walk around.

"Why are you here?"

I looked at her, her beautiful blonde hair sparkled in the bright sun inside her memories. I sighed. "I seem to see myself in you." I said, making her smirk. "What can you do if I kill you?" I shook my head for the basic reason that she can't. But I let her be, she'll figure out soon. I started to walk away.

"What... made you see yourself in me?"

"Well, basically, we were happy. Until the very happiness is taken away. He died, falling by the stairs while mine was killed in front of me. Making me watch their last breaths slip away. You're just lonely, Yako." I said and left her boundary. I knew that I can leave as I please but I wanted to know her story, so I stayed with them. "Do what you wanna do." I said before I totally disappeared from her boundary.

Eventually, I can see what will happen next. It's most likely that she will realize her mistake but still refuses to admit it. What a tsundere. I guess today isn't that boring after all.