II. Crystal Blue Eyes

• • •

• • •

Emotionless blue eyes watched as teenagers drank and got high around the woods. Faith took a swing of her beer before smashing the glass bottle against a tree and walking away from the scene. She stumbled farther inside the woods.

She didn't care where she was going. She just felt disgusted by the party.

Faith could never know how it felt to be carefree. Not after Daniel Woods died. Her father.

Daniel died when Faith was only six years old in a car accident. Daniel and Circe weren't married when Faith's father died. They were divorced since Faith was three and Daniel had full custody of her. Faith never knew why the court didn't let her live with her mother until after her father died.

Circe Everly loathed Faith ever since she was a baby. Not only was she a siphoner but she took all of her late ex-husband's attention away from her. There were many times when Circe would act like she forgot where Faith was or would attempt to kill the toddler.

Faith studied her surroundings. She was on the Wickery bridge. Only Faith knew how many times she had jumped down the bridge as an attempt to escape from the world.

She climbed on top of the railing and stood on top of it. She stared down at the lake as the night sky was reflected in the calm water. Her black hair whipped around her as a cold breeze passed by.

The corner of Faith's lips tugged down.

In an instant, she whisked around to meet similar blue eyes to her own. The hood that covered her face fell off her head to show the many bruises and scratches that littered across her face. Her eyes narrowed at the vampire in front of her as her fingers were wrapped around his neck. The vampire's hand was wrapped around her neck as his blue eyes shined with amusement.

"That's cute," the vampire taunted. "A human thinks she can kill me."

Faith's lips pulled into a smirk. "But a witch can."

The vampire's smirk faltered. "Okay, fine. Let's leave this at a draw. Why don't you put down the hand before someone gets hurt?"

"I wasn't born yesterday," Faith retorted. "Damon Salvatore."

"You know who I am," Damon's eyes narrowed.

"The rest of Mystic Falls is oblivious about everything," Faith answered. "But I'm an Everly witch."

"That explains everything," Damon mumbled.

Faith sighed, lowering her hand and jumping off the railing onto the bridge. She began to make her way down the bridge in the direction of her home when Damon appeared in front of her with his typical smirk.

"Now where are we going, Everly witch?" He questioned.

"Home," she deadpanned before sidestepping around the vampire.