XXV. Promise

• • • •

• • • •

Faith let out a laugh at the sight of Damon tied up in a chair in the middle of the Salvatore living room. Stefan followed after her with her leather jacket in his hands and let out a chuckle at the sight of his brother. "What the hell happened to you?" He asked while handing Faith her jacket.

They had both woken up from last night's activities in his room. They came to a mutual agreement that there were no feelings attached especially since Stefan had no humanity at the moment.

"Whatever twisted ripper game this is, leave me out of it," Damon glowered as the two walked up to him. "Oh, and next time make sure I'm not home when the two of you decided to have sex."

"I didn't do this," Stefan shrugged, ignoring the last part.

"Quit screwing around!"

"He didn't do it," Faith repeated as Stefan began to check the chains. "We barely woke up."

"It's pretty messed up though, isn't it?" Stefan inquired.

"Yep," his brother groaned.

Without warning, Stefan took out the iron stuck from Damon's chest. The sudden action made the raven-haired vampire scream in pain to which Faith chuckled. He glared in return as Stefan only removed a chain from his wrist before walking away.

"Yeah, don't worry," Damon called out to his brother.

He turned to Faith who picked up his ring with interest. "Faith, be nice for once and help me out."

She raised an eyebrow and dropped the ring back on the floor. "I'm sure you can do that yourself and I have better plans."

"Sure, I'll just untangle myself!"

Faith glanced back with a smirk. "Glad to know we're on the same page, Salvatore."

• • • •

Faith walked around the town square with Stefan after being in the little meeting with Elena and Alaric.

"Why are you following me?" Stefan asked as they walked down the street.

"You haven't answered my question from this morning," Faith grinned at the vampire, knowing the annoyance he was causing him.

"Ah," Stefan smiled, sarcastically. "The one about why Klaus wants you protected also when he doesn't need you."

Faith grinned as they walked past a black car. "Exactly."

She paused as Stefan stopped walking next to her. She turned around to see a blonde vampire wearing a black leather jacket similar to the one she's wearing. Stefan looked at her with surprise. "Lexi?"

"Hi," she smiled, glancing between Faith and Stefan.

"As in your-brother-killed-your-best-friend Lexi?" Faith asked and looked at the blonde. "You're dead."